News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

Dragonbeard Voltage Issues

Started by strat68, December 09, 2020, 05:30:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

strat68

The build doc says both of the 308s should have voltages at pins 1 and 8.  On the one I built those pins have zeron voltage on those pins.  The schematic is not clear which pins are which on either IC.  All the other pins on these 2 and the other 2 ICS are dead on correct.
TIA

madbean

That's a bit of fail on my part. I don't know why I don't have the pin assignments in the library part for that but I will correct that for future schematics. Anyway, pins 1 and 8 are connected through the 33pF cap. I just cross-referenced the voltage readings of the Dragonbeard, Slow Loris (Rat) and the VFE AlphaDog (Rat) and they are consistent with the voltages reported in the Dragonbeard. But I apparently I got different readings on the Runt (the 1590A version of the Rat).

So, it's more likely the pin readings are not that important or possibly I misread them on the Runt. Are you having any problems with your build otherwise?

strat68

Just finished putting it together.  No sound yet but I still need to check some other things first. 
Thanks for the quick response.
Bob

strat68

Quote from: madbean on December 09, 2020, 05:45:49 PM
That's a bit of fail on my part. I don't know why I don't have the pin assignments in the library part for that but I will correct that for future schematics. Anyway, pins 1 and 8 are connected through the 33pF cap. I just cross-referenced the voltage readings of the Dragonbeard, Slow Loris (Rat) and the VFE AlphaDog (Rat) and they are consistent with the voltages reported in the Dragonbeard. But I apparently I got different readings on the Runt (the 1590A version of the Rat).

So, it's more likely the pin readings are not that important or possibly I misread them on the Runt. Are you having any problems with your build otherwise?

Hey, finished it and it sounds great. Quite a nice ranges of sounds.

madbean

Okay, great! Did you have a problem that you were able to solve (you said previously you had no sound)?

strat68

Quote from: madbean on December 10, 2020, 06:25:32 PM
Okay, great! Did you have a problem that you were able to solve (you said previously you had no sound)?

While checking voltage I pulled IC1 and then forgot about it.  So wiring it to the breadboard didn't work.