News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

Smallest doppelganger ever?

Started by LaceSensor, January 05, 2021, 11:23:11 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

LaceSensor

Howdy folks

Back in the pandemic a friend asked me if its possible to make the most pedalboard friendly version of the Lovetone Doppelganger.
I challenged myself and came up with this build. I sacrificed the pedal controls, but honestly, could have added them I reckon.

Its a 1590BB tall. Not shown are some long solid core standoffs used for the pot mounting :)
Was an absolute swine to put together, the pcb is semi-floating of course as its almost exactly the same dimensions as the enclosure cavity.
Still, it works great, retains all the footswitching modes and sounds a beast.

With the proof of concept done, a slightly modified pair were produced for aforementioned friend, and pal of his.
These sacrifice the phase/vibe switch in favour of a toggle, and ditch wholesale the true/spectral bypass. The effect is essentiall hardwired on, so the LEDs are always pulsing in time with the LFO(s), and the red LED that normally shows ph/vb mode is now the bypass LED.

One of them was requested custom artwork with clear knobs, the other dude wanted crazy coloured knobs. Happy to oblige!

jimilee

Wow, nicely executed.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Pedal building is like the opposite of sex.  All the fun stuff happens before you get in the box.

gordo

Too cool.  You don't get the impact of how much is jammed in there till they're sitting side by side.
Gordy Power
How loud is too loud?  What?

EBK

Reminds of the time I shrunk a Clone Theory for a friend of mine.  Some pedals are just too big and bulky to be fully useful.  Yours are practical and beautiful.  Excellent work!
"There is a pestilence upon this land. Nothing is sacred. Even those who arrange and design shrubberies are under considerable economic stress in this period in history." --Roger the Shrubber

dawson

I've been saving an extra-flowery portion of my vocabulary for builds of this caliber:
Gorgeous work!
Criticism is encouraged: constructive, or otherwise.

cooder

Excellent again and what a tight fit! Love the size comparison shot with original!

Top work from the biggest Lovetone fan out there!
BigNoise Amplification

alanp

"A man is not dead while his name is still spoken."
- Terry Pratchett
My OSHpark shared projects
My website