News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

Dinosaural clones by AION FX

Started by LaceSensor, January 05, 2021, 11:32:27 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

LaceSensor

Hey

Had the pleasure to be provided FOC two new AION FX pcbs, which are Kevins take on the Dinosaural OPA-101 preamp and the old Tube bender
I used to own the real ones, along with the OTC-201 compressor. When Kevin released his PCB for the compressor I built it and immediate let the Dinos roam, as the clone was spot on. I knew that Kevin would get round to these and finally got them built.

They sound great and as I remember, with some nice additions (eg fixed tone changed for pot on OPA, extra tone shift option on TB)
Messed up my grpahic process a tad (evident on the TB as a pink halo - too hot for too long apparently) but as these arent for sale and rather for my own posterity I will live with it :)

cooder

Score and the looks to boot. Can you actually build something different the Lovetone... ;) (Just kiddin...)
BigNoise Amplification

LaceSensor

Quote from: cooder on January 05, 2021, 06:50:25 PM
Score and the looks to boot. Can you actually build something different the Lovetone... ;) (Just kiddin...)

Jokes aside Ive built so much stuff over the last 10 years or so :)

cooder

Quote from: LaceSensor on January 05, 2021, 07:11:51 PM
Quote from: cooder on January 05, 2021, 06:50:25 PM

Jokes aside Ive built so much stuff over the last 10 years or so :)
Yes you know it's just a joke and keep posting the goodness whatever the roots. Always a pleasure to see!
BigNoise Amplification