News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

Gibson Announces Acquisition of Mesa/Boogie

Started by Tremster, January 06, 2021, 09:02:23 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

dan.schumaker

I'm sure this means that Pre-Gibson Mesa prices are going to be going up :)

Aentons

I wonder if they will start doing Gibson branded amps

matmosphere

If this were the other way around I might be more interested, but Gibson has been so inconsistent quality wise over the years that I can't imagine it is a good sign for Mesa/Boogie.

gordo

Didn't see this one coming.  I must admit I'll never be able to afford a decent Les Paul so I assume now I'll never be able to afford a Mesa.
Gordy Power
How loud is too loud?  What?

thesmokingman

Remember the Gibson-era Orange amps? ... UGH
once upon a time I was Tornado Alley FX

jimilee

Quote from: gordo on January 06, 2021, 10:53:09 AM
Didn't see this one coming.  I must admit I'll never be able to afford a decent Les Paul so I assume now I'll never be able to afford a Mesa.
I knew it was true about some of the Henry years, but, as of late, I haven't heard or seen any issues. If we can build a triple or dual rectifier pedal, a mesa isn't in my future, but I don't play heavy metal. They look cool though.
Pedal building is like the opposite of sex.  All the fun stuff happens before you get in the box.

danfrank

Well, I hope that Randall Smith got a pretty penny for his company. Never was a big fan of Boogie Amps but I hope the brand keeps doing well.

Willybomb

Gibson did a pretty good job of near burying Kramer over the last couple of years....

atreidesheir

Quote from: Willybomb on January 07, 2021, 04:33:00 AM
Gibson did a pretty good job of near burying Kramer over the last couple of years....
Don't forget what they did to Steinberger.
Technically we are all half-centaur. - Nick Offerman

Aentons

Quote from: atreidesheir on January 07, 2021, 07:06:27 PM
And Tobias...

m-Kresol

First order of business: install an auto-tune system into each amp  ;D
I build pedals to hide my lousy playing.

My projects are labeled Quantum Effects. My shared OSH park projects: https://oshpark.com/profiles/m-Kresol
My build docs and tutorials

pickdropper

Finally I can get that '59 Reissue Mk.IV that I've always wanted.
Function f(x)
Follow me on Instagram as pickdropper

matmosphere

Quote from: Aentons on January 07, 2021, 08:15:09 PM
Quote from: atreidesheir on January 07, 2021, 07:06:27 PM
And Tobias...

Yeah, the only thing that has kept them from running the Gibson brand into the ground is that, no matter what, lots of people will always want Gibson Les Pauls.

Kramer, Tobias, and Steinberger all made really good stuff, but none of them have anything like the following Gibson does.

It's funny because Fender has done about the opposite with the companies they have acquired in the past. Gretsch in particular, which now that I think of it is somewhat ironic.

flanagan0718

Quote from: dan.schumaker on January 06, 2021, 09:08:36 AM
I'm sure this means that Pre-Gibson Mesa prices are going to be going up :)
Yup they are going to me even more over priced than they were...looks like if I ever want one I'll need to take out a second mortgage on my house.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk