News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

1590A Companion Fuzz, and a few more.

Started by CRM-114, January 11, 2021, 12:53:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

CRM-114

I don't build from scratch like I used to.  Also, I don't like keeping around as much gear as I used to.  This has had me fall in love with the lil bitty Madbean 1590A builds.  They are fun, don't take up much space, and I really enjoy the compact build experience (my first builds ever were 1590A Green Ringer and BazzFuss pedals).

Anyway, I'd love a 1590A project for a Companion Fuzz with common mods like a volume boost stage at the end and a tone control to shift the mids.  I think it would be a pretty plausible fit.  It is on the verge of fitting using perf board, but should definitely work with a smart pcb.

While I'm here, I'll throw out that I'd love to have a decent tiny Tremolo pedal, whatever circuit makes sense. 

For the hell of it, a 1590A DOD 250 would be cool. 

These builds are super handy.  I've got a Rat, a Hot Cake, the Mutantes Fuzz, and plan to do a Big Muff and Fuzz Face.  It makes it so easy to travel with some extra options.  Madbean excels at these boards and is my favorite place to buy pcbs.

dan.schumaker

If you want a 1590A Companion Fuzz with all the extras, I make a board for it, the Accomplice (as well as a few tremolo's and just about anything else under the sun).  I'll gladly sell you one of my extra boards, just send me a message, I'll hook you up!