News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

Crooked Vulture- Dunlop Q-Zone

Started by Thewintersoldier, February 09, 2021, 01:39:41 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Thewintersoldier

I used to have an original Dunlop Q-Zone that I got because I am a big Joshua Homme fan. In a purge to fund a large purchase. Of course it was discontinued and prices went up after  queens of the stone age got really big. I've had this board forever and said it's time...man this hits the spot. So many awesome tones in this thing, from money for nothing, qotsa and of course mick ronson. I pulled a vintage spiderman vulture image in my tribute to one of Homme's best works, them crooked vultures. No film on tayda powder coated lawn green.

Sent from my moto z4 using Tapatalk

Who the hell is Bucky?

jimilee

Well that's just a nifty pedal.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Pedal building is like the opposite of sex.  All the fun stuff happens before you get in the box.

TheDude

Mention Josh Homme and I'm in! Some real Icarus vibes with the culture there, love it!

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

The dude abides

Thewintersoldier

Quote from: TheDude on February 09, 2021, 02:51:32 AM
Mention Josh Homme and I'm in! Some real Icarus vibes with the culture there, love it!

Glad the Dude abides! I have been lucky enough to catch both queens and them crooked vultures live and vultures was out of this world, such a great show and you could tell they were all really into it and having a blast.

Who the hell is Bucky?

TheDude

Quote from: Thewintersoldier on February 09, 2021, 03:58:05 AM
Quote from: TheDude on February 09, 2021, 02:51:32 AM

Glad the Dude abides! I have been lucky enough to catch both queens and them crooked vultures live and vultures was out of this world, such a great show and you could tell they were all really into it and having a blast.

I can't begin to tell you how jealous I am. Was supposed to see QOTSA for the first time in Fall of 2017. Woke up to go to the bathroom at 2am the day of the show, and my back went out on me on the way. Spent the next four days on the floor. I was only 25 too... Still one of the scariest moments of my life. Someday I'll get to see them

The dude abides

Bio77

That one came out super, from the concept to the execution!  8)

I'm a lime green man myself  ;D  Actually, on my BOTY the tapper was lawn and the pedal was lime, not much of a difference to my eyes.  I wonder why Tayda decided to have both of these? Also mysterious is how both are rarely ever in stock simultaneously.

cooder

Spiffin build again, knocked outta the park!
BigNoise Amplification

Thewintersoldier

Quote from: Bio77 on February 09, 2021, 07:08:22 PM
That one came out super, from the concept to the execution!  8)

I'm a lime green man myself  ;D  Actually, on my BOTY the tapper was lawn and the pedal was lime, not much of a difference to my eyes.  I wonder why Tayda decided to have both of these? Also mysterious is how both are rarely ever in stock simultaneously.
Thanks, sometimes an idea comes together on multiple levels and comes across coherent. I agree its wierd that tayda does those greens like that, but they look cool either way.

Quote from: cooder on February 09, 2021, 07:30:17 PM
Thanks, I actually thought about blacking this enclosure out like you sometimes do, I thought the contrast in color would look killer!
Who the hell is Bucky?

cooder

Quote from: cooder on February 09, 2021, 07:30:17 PM
Thanks, I actually thought about blacking this enclosure out like you sometimes do, I thought the contrast in color would look killer!
[/quote]
Ha, you first gotta screw it up and then recycle and repurpose it after filling the duff holes... Lol...
Nah, just do it! It's pedal pawn...
BigNoise Amplification