News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

Let's make suggestions on the next Giveaway

Started by madbean, February 09, 2021, 06:59:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

madbean

I have one in mind that I already designed and verified last year, but I wouldn't mind hearing suggestions to generate ideas I might not consider otherwise!

Caveat:
It needs to fit in a 1590A or B.
Not too complicated - no analog delays or choruses, etc. It needs to be something straightforward and easy to build with no esoteric parts.

I'd like to do the next Giveaway in March or April so if we start now there's plenty of time.

Betty Wont

artstomp

Dual buffer or dual boost...one can be use before and the other after the chain or a pedal.

Aentons

I think you should do your own version of a Deluxe Bazz Fuss and call it the Super Bad Mean

vizcities

Bio77

alanp

A simple bass/mid/treble tonestack with a single opamp to make up any gain lost.
"A man is not dead while his name is still spoken."
- Terry Pratchett
My OSHpark shared projects
My website

Tremster

matmosphere

Something like a bit crusher or the crash sync would be pretty cool. I am always game for a good ring mod too. Although the only one I can think of that is small enough is the Escobedo one and it's hard to get the right IC in through hole.

Govmnt_Lacky

Color me boring but....

What about a JFET test rig? Something that could be used to match JFETs for a Phase AND.... for Idss, etc. Something slick and useful in Madbean fashion.

This way when the many questions about JFETs are posted, anyone can point to the project and say "Build this and ye shall find the way!"  ;D

EBK

I'd like a board that lets me add a clean blend to any pedal.

Or, perhaps a cocked wah.
"There is a pestilence upon this land. Nothing is sacred. Even those who arrange and design shrubberies are under considerable economic stress in this period in history." --Roger the Shrubber

jimilee

1590B optical phasor!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Pedal building is like the opposite of sex.  All the fun stuff happens before you get in the box.

Aentons

Quote from: jimilee on February 10, 2021, 06:37:40 AM
1590B optical phasor!

Here's an interesting one.. fx90b. It's similar to a phase100 I think

jimilee

Quote from: Aentons on February 10, 2021, 06:46:11 AM
1590B optical phasor!

Will it fit in a 1590b? See, I'm planning a multi and I need something small to fit in there.

Pedal building is like the opposite of sex.  All the fun stuff happens before you get in the box.

Aentons

Quote from: jimilee on February 10, 2021, 06:47:54 AM
Quote from: Aentons on February 10, 2021, 06:46:11 AM
1590B optical phasor!

Will it fit in a 1590b? See, I'm planning a multi and I need something small to fit in there.

There is a lot in there so not sure, here is a gut shot