Main Menu

Whetstone kits

Started by Drew Hallenbeck, February 10, 2021, 07:46:33 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

peAk

Quote from: jimilee on April 13, 2021, 06:11:07 AM
Quote from: culturejam on April 12, 2021, 08:29:04 PM
I still haven't done jack shit with my kit.  ;D
It's an easy quick build, shouldn't take more than about 15 minutes.....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

haha, I cant even wire a stomp switch in 15 minutes

thesmokingman

what? the wires don't strip on demand for you? you can't solder it all by just giving it a hard look?
once upon a time I was Tornado Alley FX

oeslicoalfin

PapaKev

Quote from: thesmokingman on April 13, 2021, 01:22:35 PM
what? the wires don't strip on demand for you? you can't solder it all by just giving it a hard look?

If you concentrate hard enough, these are the results you can achieve. Only side affect is a splitting headache.

jimilee

Quote from: PapaKev on April 13, 2021, 03:55:23 PM
Quote from: thesmokingman on April 13, 2021, 01:22:35 PM

I you concentrate hard enough, these are the results you can achieve. Only side affect is a splitting headache.

If you were trying to do that, nicely done.

Pedal building is like the opposite of sex.  All the fun stuff happens before you get in the box.

cajone5

I see there's a Jumper 2x on the BOM... But I'm only seeing one pair of pads for jumpering down near the bottom next to the LFO chip.  Am I missing something? 

Current status... all resistors, chip sockets, diodes, and transistors populated.  About to start caps.

jimilee

Quote from: cajone5 on May 22, 2021, 08:34:27 AM
I see there's a Jumper 2x on the BOM... But I'm only seeing one pair of pads for jumpering down near the bottom next to the LFO chip.  Am I missing something? 

Current status... all resistors, chip sockets, diodes, and transistors populated.  About to start caps.
We could only find one also.

Pedal building is like the opposite of sex.  All the fun stuff happens before you get in the box.

Beedoola

Quote from: drezdn on April 02, 2021, 06:04:16 AM
Anyone know what the DIV pad is for on the whetstone.

I have the same question. I didn't see it answered.

gordo

I believe the DIV pad is for a remote rate control.  It's tied to pin 1&2 of the rate pot.
Gordy Power
How loud is too loud?  What?