News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

Aion penumbra-mastotron/woolly mammoth

Started by Thewintersoldier, February 19, 2021, 09:22:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Thewintersoldier

This board was given to my by Bio77 so thanks John, even if this circuit wasn't for you lol. I think it rips. It's got that fuzzy factory thing going on, but all silicon. And boy does it get fat, the subs switch is awesome. Kevin also changed the mastotron impedance knob over to a pickup simulator which kinda makes more sense to me. Makes running it after a buffer possible. I went with Rhino for the enclosure because he has a horn and that's close enough to a woolly mammoth for me haha, and he looks as mean as this thing sounds. No film decal on tayda grey powder coated enclosure.

Sent from my moto z4 using Tapatalk

Who the hell is Bucky?

jimilee

Nice fuzz, it's great for bass too. When are you building a fuzz factory? That thing is chaos.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Pedal building is like the opposite of sex.  All the fun stuff happens before you get in the box.

Thewintersoldier

Quote from: jimilee on February 19, 2021, 09:34:12 PM
Nice fuzz, it's great for bass too. When are you building a fuzz factory? That thing is chaos.

I built a fuzz factory last year, Dan (jjjimi84) painted me an enclosure with Roger from American Dad. It's a wild one for sure. I'm getting a new bass so I'm gonna try this out on it as well. I'm also gonna do some bass pedals soon too.
Who the hell is Bucky?

jjjimi84

Great work! What does that pinch knob do?

A year ago? That was a year ago.....goodness time flies

matmosphere

Very nice, I always enjoy seeing your builds. I hadn't seen the Aion version, using the AMZ pickup sim thing is a brilliant move.

And Jimi is right, the Wooly Mammoth completely slays on bass. It's kind of cool on guitar, but it's endless doomy, synthy fun on bass.

Thewintersoldier

Quote from: jjjimi84 on February 19, 2021, 10:45:42 PM
Great work! What does that pinch knob do?

A year ago? That was a year ago.....goodness time flies
Time flies dude...as for the pinch knob, this is from the build doc: Pinch changes the pulse width of the waveform, from symmetrical square wave on the left, to
asymmetrical on the right. It also affects the amount of gating.
Who the hell is Bucky?

jimilee

Quote from: Thewintersoldier on February 19, 2021, 10:09:43 PM
Quote from: jimilee on February 19, 2021, 09:34:12 PM

I built a fuzz factory last year, Dan (jjjimi84) painted me an enclosure with Roger from American Dad. It's a wild one for sure. I'm getting a new bass so I'm gonna try this out on it as well. I'm also gonna do some bass pedals soon too.
Now you're speaking my language. My favorite fuzz for bass is a green Russian. Never left my board for the few years I was playing in bars. Sounded great for the sabbath song paranoid.

Pedal building is like the opposite of sex.  All the fun stuff happens before you get in the box.

Bio77

Looks good!  I'm glad you like it. 

How many fuzzes have you made the past few months?

Thewintersoldier

Quote from: Bio77 on February 20, 2021, 05:49:54 PM

Thanks John. Are you fuzz shaming me bro? Lol I don't need that kind of negativity.

Who the hell is Bucky?

Bio77

Lol, not shaming you.   I was just wondering, you've been on a roll for awhile now. If I have fuzz questions, I'm asking you.  ;D

m-Kresol

Quote from: Thewintersoldier on February 20, 2021, 05:59:24 PM
Quote from: Bio77 on February 20, 2021, 05:49:54 PM

Thanks John. Are you fuzz shaming me bro? Lol I don't need that kind of negativity.

Totally agree with you there. Great build
I build pedals to hide my lousy playing.

My projects are labeled Quantum Effects. My shared OSH park projects: https://oshpark.com/profiles/m-Kresol
My build docs and tutorials

robbroncs

Quote from: Thewintersoldier on February 19, 2021, 09:22:48 PM
This board was given to my by Bio77 so thanks John, even if this circuit wasn't for you lol. I think it rips. It's got that fuzzy factory thing going on, but all silicon. And boy does it get fat, the subs switch is awesome. Kevin also changed the mastotron impedance knob over to a pickup simulator which kinda makes more sense to me. Makes running it after a buffer possible. I went with Rhino for the enclosure because he has a horn and that's close enough to a woolly mammoth for me haha, and he looks as mean as this thing sounds. No film decal on tayda grey powder coated enclosure.

i know this is old.  but i'm pulling my hair out with mine.  i noticed your transformer orientation may be different.  is the Primary side facing the 3PDT?  or is it facing the DC jack?