News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

EQD Life pedal-S.W.O.R.D.

Started by Thewintersoldier, February 24, 2021, 04:05:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Thewintersoldier

This thing is massive sounding! Take a Rat,  give it multiple clipping options, then add a switchable octave and tack on a clean boost. Whatever tweaks were made to the main circuit make it sound very in your face and the octave is mixed in perfect. It just oozes vintage vibes and can't be mixed in to be present and up front or chill more in the background. The boost is a clean boost to simply give more volume or push the front end of an amp. This is not just a stoner/doom/drone metal pedal but is versatile enough for any type of rock music. This is getting velcro now.
    The original pedal had crosses on each side just like I laid out on mine so I pulled inspiration from the Sword logo. The center sword logo was used from the run of comics were the x-men were in space.  No film waterslide decal on tayda grey powder coated enclosure. All white wiring to keep it classy. Shout-out to Drew Hallenbeck for the lm308 helping make this project possible.

Sent from my moto z4 using Tapatalk
Who the hell is Bucky?

jjjimi84

Very cool! Just killing it lately

jimilee

Quote from: jjjimi84 on February 24, 2021, 04:08:03 PM
This. I know you said it's a cold winter  in Detroit, but damn. You're pushing out like 2 or 3 a week, and they look sharp.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Pedal building is like the opposite of sex.  All the fun stuff happens before you get in the box.

Bio77

Man, that looks awesome!  I might have to break the glass on my emergency 308 and try one these out. Is the boost after the Rat?

Thewintersoldier

Quote from: Bio77 on February 24, 2021, 04:26:12 PM
Man, that looks awesome!  I might have to break the glass on my emergency 308 and try one these out. Is the boost after the Rat?
It is, this thing sounds stellar on bass too
Who the hell is Bucky?

Invertiguy

Damn, that thing looks amazing! You've really been killing it lately! I really need to get around to building one of these. I sold my Rat clone to a buddy for him to use on bass and while I've been having fun with my fuzz pedals, I still kinda miss it.
Doomsday Devices

Drew Hallenbeck

Looks good Chris!
Have you tried swapping out the opamp with the Motorola metal-can one I sent to see if there's any noticeable difference?
Like I said, I never got around to testing the DIP8 chips to see if they were genuine.
Either way, it is an absolute monster. I'm definitely thinking of building another one to keep for myself!
Building with my daughter and occasionally selling as "Daddy Daughter Pedal Works"
Not for any real profit, just trying to have a self-funding hobby.

Thewintersoldier

Quote from: Drew Hallenbeck on February 25, 2021, 04:25:04 AM
Looks good Chris!
Have you tried swapping out the opamp with the Motorola metal-can one I sent to see if there's any noticeable difference?
Like I said, I never got around to testing the DIP8 chips to see if they were genuine.
Either way, it is an absolute monster. I'm definitely thinking of building another one to keep for myself!
I tested them both Drew and both sounded good. So anymore Dip8 308s in your stash should be good assuming they are in the same lot.

Quote from: Invertiguy on February 25, 2021, 12:34:28 AM
Damn, that thing looks amazing! You've really been killing it lately! I really need to get around to building one of these. I sold my Rat clone to a buddy for him to use on bass and while I've been having fun with my fuzz pedals, I still kinda miss it.
Thanks, if you build it, you wont be disappointed.

Thanks Dan, i've got another couple small builds then It's off to chorus land for 2 different chorus pedals.

Quote from: jimilee on February 24, 2021, 04:20:57 PM
This. I know you said it's a cold winter  in Detroit, but damn. You're pushing out like 2 or 3 a week, and they look sharp.

lol this coming from the guy who posted like 8 awesome builds in one post
Who the hell is Bucky?

jimilee

Quote from: Thewintersoldier on February 25, 2021, 07:39:21 AM
Quote from: Drew Hallenbeck on February 25, 2021, 04:25:04 AM
Looks good Chris!
I tested them both Drew and both sounded good. So anymore Dip8 308s in your stash should be good assuming they are in the same lot.

Quote from: Invertiguy on February 25, 2021, 12:34:28 AM
Thanks, if you build it, you wont be disappointed.

Thanks Dan, i've got another couple small builds then It's off to chorus land for 2 different chorus pedals.

Quote from: jimilee on February 24, 2021, 04:20:57 PM

lol this coming from the guy who posted like 8 awesome builds in one post
[emoji16]

Pedal building is like the opposite of sex.  All the fun stuff happens before you get in the box.