News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

Cadavernous Kit build

Started by Drew Hallenbeck, March 17, 2021, 07:08:05 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Drew Hallenbeck

Finally finished this one up last night. It took me a while to get started because I was tracing the circuit and didn't want to solder anything to the board until I was confident that I had a good schematic. This has been on my most wanted list for quite a while so I'm pretty happy to have had the chance to dig deeper into it. I was pretty surprised to see that it's not an FV-1 or similar project, just a BTDR-3 Belton Brick. Kyle has been selling off a bunch of old Blackout Effectors stock in partial kits on eBay. He only had two of these available so I'm lucky that I checked before the last one was gone!
Building with my daughter and occasionally selling as "Daddy Daughter Pedal Works"
Not for any real profit, just trying to have a self-funding hobby.

Drew Hallenbeck

Building with my daughter and occasionally selling as "Daddy Daughter Pedal Works"

harryklippton

Thewintersoldier

awesome can't wait to see one of your boards!
Who the hell is Bucky?

Drew Hallenbeck

Quote from: Thewintersoldier on March 17, 2021, 07:35:11 AM
awesome can't wait to see one of your boards!

Got em yesterday. Hopefully I'll have some time next week to put together a couple of test builds!
I still need to get you the build docs for the Chauffeur too...... (never enough time)

Thewintersoldier

no rush, and I guess I should have said get a board in my hands lol
Who the hell is Bucky?

dawson

Daddy Daughter Pedal Works has done it again!
So..what are you going to do with all of those extra boards??
Criticism is encouraged: constructive, or otherwise.

jimilee

Quote from: dawson on March 17, 2021, 08:45:25 AM
Daddy Daughter Pedal Works has done it again!
So..what are you going to do with all of those extra boards??
This

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Pedal building is like the opposite of sex.  All the fun stuff happens before you get in the box.

jjjimi84

Very cool! Count me in for a board if you have a spare....

Drew Hallenbeck

I'm working on enclosure designs right now. Then I'll be building up and selling some here and there hopefully.
Once I verify that my layouts work, I'll post an update to my thread in the "Member Projects" section. As long as everything works as expected, I wouldn't mind making these available to forum members.
I was communicating a good little bit with Kevin from Aion FX while working on this. He helped me out with building the Whetstone kit I bought so I shared all of my info for this one with him. I'm not sure how soon/if he plans on taking a crack at this one but there's a chance we could see an offering over there at some point too.
And if anyone else feels like taking a crack at it, I'll post a good screenshot of the schematic I drew in KiCad. It'll be in the "Member Projects" section thread as well. I posted a picture of my hand drawn schematic there already but it's not the greatest/easiest to read. I just need to log in from my laptop at home (where the file is saved) so I can share a decent picture.