News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

Phaser phriday mxr phase 45

Started by Thewintersoldier, March 26, 2021, 05:35:19 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Thewintersoldier

Inspired by Dan's vfe Friday I decided to do phaser fridays. I have 5 phaser boards I've been meaning to do so it's the perfect time. So the next 5 weeks I will be giving Jimi something to drool over.
First up is a phase 45. Last year my cousin got my old phase 45 and phase 90. They were kit builds from when I first started building and he is like the world's biggest Van Halen fan so he got them when eddie died. So I ordered some new boards earlier this year. I don't like mini pedals (big feet, feels unstable) so I ordered the fuzzdog phase 45. They just call it a p45 and that's uninspired so I called it a smoothie like Brian's board. I had order a lot of 2n5952s from smallbear 2 years ago and when I went thru them I had 2 pairs and a quad so I lucked out. Sounds good, like a phase 45 should.
      For the enclosure I used silk for the artwork, cause silk is smooth lol. She's actually a pretty badass character and hope the show she's getting will be good. No film waterslide decal on tayda matte orange powder coat. Phase on!

Sent from my moto z4 using Tapatalk

Who the hell is Bucky?

jimilee

Do I get to show all of mine?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Pedal building is like the opposite of sex.  All the fun stuff happens before you get in the box.

Thewintersoldier

Quote from: jimilee on March 26, 2021, 06:07:08 AM

Sure, take a family shot!
Who the hell is Bucky?

jimilee

Quote from: Thewintersoldier on March 26, 2021, 06:09:04 AM
Quote from: jimilee on March 26, 2021, 06:07:08 AM

Sure, take a family shot!
It may take a few hours to dig them all out. I'll see what I can do.

Pedal building is like the opposite of sex.  All the fun stuff happens before you get in the box.

rockola

Quote from: Thewintersoldier on March 26, 2021, 05:35:19 AM
Inspired by Dan's vfe Friday I decided to do phaser fridays. I have 5 phaser boards I've been meaning to do so it's the perfect time. So the next 5 weeks I will be giving Jimi something to drool over.
First up is a phase 45. Last year my cousin got my old phase 45 and phase 90. They were kit builds from when I first started building and he is like the world's biggest Van Halen fan so he got them when eddie died. So I ordered some new boards earlier this year. I don't like mini pedals (big feet, feels unstable) so I ordered the fuzzdog phase 45. They just call it a p45 and that's uninspired so I called it a smoothie like Brian's board. I had order a lot of 2n5952s from smallbear 2 years ago and when I went thru them I had 2 pairs and a quad so I lucked out. Sounds good, like a phase 45 should.
      For the enclosure I used silk for the artwork, cause silk is smooth lol. She's actually a pretty badass character and hope the show she's getting will be good. No film waterslide decal on tayda matte orange powder coat. Phase on!

Sent from my moto z4 using Tapatalk
Phantastic Phaser Phriday should be a thing, I guess it is now. Nicely executed Smoothie there. Phase 45 is cool, I did a board recently for SMD JFETs. Was feeling impatient so just slapped on the first 2 MMBF5457s off a reel and hey presto - had phasing. Still need to box that one, was going to do an etched enclosure but it seems I need to practice my hot iron skills. Looking forward to the next installments, and to any and all phaser phamily photos.

Sent from my Redmi Note 7 using Tapatalk

Thewintersoldier

Phantastic Phaser Phriday should be a thing, I guess it is now. Nicely executed Smoothie there. Phase 45 is cool, I did a board recently for SMD JFETs. Was feeling impatient so just slapped on the first 2 MMBF5457s off a reel and hey presto - had phasing. Still need to box that one, was going to do an etched enclosure but it seems I need to practice my hot iron skills. Looking forward to the next installments, and to any and all phaser phamily photos.

Sent from my Redmi Note 7 using Tapatalk

[/quote]

Thanks, I have a mix a smaller circuits, medium sized circuits and week 5 is a big one. Might even do week six as an honorable mention cause I'm doing a reboxing of a prior one from last year. Not happy with how it turned out so I'm redoing it. Phaser phriday should definitely be a thing, your right!
Who the hell is Bucky?

jjjimi84

Looks great! We need a Phaser Friday, I am sure I have one or two around here I could add.

Bio77

That looks killer!  I love the matte orange, one of any fav Tayda boxes.