News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

#VFEFRIDAY KLEIN BOTTLE!!!!!

Started by jjjimi84, April 16, 2021, 07:08:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jjjimi84

What more needs to be said, it is a freaking Klein Bottle and it is mind blowing and crazy over the top. It was a challenging build in terms of the shear amount of parts but really came together quickly and of course sounds great. Now I just need to figure out what the hell to do with it......

Also next week may not have a hand painted VFE but after that the #VFEFriday will have the demo videos released with them.

PapaKev

jimilee

Oh yeah, built one a little while back, it's a fantastic build. Nicely done. I just found out EHX has / had something very similar.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Pedal building is like the opposite of sex.  All the fun stuff happens before you get in the box.

Thewintersoldier

Another impressive build Dan, but I'm kind of disappointed with no hand painted enclosure. I can't wait to see the demo of this!
Who the hell is Bucky?

gordo

I'm curious to see how approach this.  I get the concept, but not sure how that plays out in practical terms.  Looks like a nail biter of a build though.
Gordy Power
How loud is too loud?  What?

Bio77

Looks great! Maybe a spot on the side or back could get a little hand paint to keep with the tradition ;D 
Quote from: Thewintersoldier on April 16, 2021, 08:10:55 PM
Another impressive build Dan, but I'm kind of disappointed with no hand painted enclosure. I can't wait to see the demo of this!
+1 on a demo.  I've never been able to get my head around how to use this thing.

jjjimi84

Thank you all for the kind words.... I honestly wasn't going to do a demo but you have all changed my mind. I will put it in the queue, next weeks demo is currently uploading and is pretty righteous.

Aentons

Cool, I was wondering if you had snagged one of these.
Quote from: Bio77 on April 16, 2021, 08:41:54 PM
I've never been able to get my head around how to use this thing.
This thing is essentially a 3 channel mixer with pre/post gain and tone controls for each channel.

The little 9mm XtoX knobs just control how much signal from each channel bleeds into the other 2

jimilee

Quote from: Aentons on April 16, 2021, 09:09:50 PM
Cool, I was wondering if you had snagged one of these.
Quote from: Bio77 on April 16, 2021, 08:41:54 PM
I've never been able to get my head around how to use this thing.
This thing is essentially a 3 channel mixer with pre/post gain and tone controls for each channel.

The little 9mm XtoX knobs just control how much signal from each channel bleeds into the other 2
Something like that. The  vids are just mind blowing.

Pedal building is like the opposite of sex.  All the fun stuff happens before you get in the box.

benny_profane

Great work! The Klein bottle is a really fun project.

I consolidated all the block descriptions from the VFE site and the Kickstarter page awhile back. Maybe this will be helpful to finding uses.

https://www.madbeanpedals.com/forum/index.php?topic=29603.msg287229#msg287229

harryklippton

Nice! I kind of regret not getting one of these while I could just for the challenge. A friend of mine bought a fully assembled Klein bottle from Peter before he stopped. My friend sold that Klein bottle for over a thousand bucks recently 😳

jimilee

https://oshpark.com/profiles/jimilee

You can order boards here if you can get 2 other people to go in with you.

oeslicoalfin

Peter made me one of his B-stocks when he was fundraising for his son. I still can't find the blemish on the enclosure! He has some rigorous QC standards, and I hope he is passing that ideal onto his students. Looking forward to your video Dan.     

Aentons

Quote from: jimilee on April 16, 2021, 11:38:26 PM

Wow, that's like $60 per board. I know they are 4 layer boards but that's a bunch a $

jimilee

Quote from: Aentons on April 17, 2021, 03:02:13 AM
Quote from: jimilee on April 16, 2021, 11:38:26 PM

Wow, that's like $60 per board. I know they are 4 layer boards but that's a bunch a $
Yep