News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

#VFEFRIDAY SPS Yodeler

Started by jjjimi84, May 07, 2021, 04:06:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jjjimi84

This bad MF was used in my Tweed videos and finally got painted and put in a video. This video was quite a lesson learned, I forgot to turn on the vocal mic for the first attempt, half a day wasted. Then for the second attempt I did not realize the mics were moved and the end result was a very weird out of phase sound. I then switched amps and changed mics to film a video how I normally would and then decided to change it up completely....

All of this is to say I think this is the best way to show off a pedal like this, multiple guitars, multiple pedals and an amp that can do everything. I also edited the hell out of this to make it shorter and more concise without all of the wasted time. Let me know what you all think!

And yes the PTP Dan Boost makes an appearance.

Here is the Madbean Hipster Fuzz I used, my son thinks it may be bubbles from Angry Birds on there.

Here is a PedalPCB.com General Tso Compressor I made, I am calling this finish burnt sparkle orange with the general painted on it.

Thewintersoldier

Love it Dan! And that compressor 😍
Who the hell is Bucky?

cooder

Top notch desert island stuff everywhere....
Me needs to have a think about the Yodeller. Great.
BigNoise Amplification

Bio77

Great video, Dan!  8)

This is the first VFE I've seen made for a 125B or with SMD....super intrigued.

Aentons

Cool man, I dig it. Ive not even tried mine thru the effects loop... Good thinkin'

One of the other cool tricks with these is that in series mode you can get reverb with pre-delay.

In front of the amp the reverb has always sounded a little too much like two parallel delays so what I do is use the single delay like it's a third delay line in the reverb to sort of fill it out a bit. It sounds like putting it the effects loop solves a lot of that

jimilee

The pedals look fantastic but I want to know about the Lillian DTrat and The Jazzmaster with the roasted maple neck with the reversed headstock. Those are killer looking.
Pedal building is like the opposite of sex.  All the fun stuff happens before you get in the box.

jjjimi84

Quote from: Thewintersoldier on May 07, 2021, 04:31:42 PM
Love it Dan! And that compressor 😍

Thank You! The other one I built looks even cooler.........

Quote from: cooder on May 07, 2021, 10:44:44 PM
Top notch desert island stuff everywhere....
Me needs to have a think about the Yodeller. Great.

Thank you! Please do and then design your own board, I know a buyer who would take one off your hands.

Quote from: Bio77 on May 07, 2021, 10:59:59 PM
Great video, Dan!  8)

This is the first VFE I've seen made for a 125B or with SMD....super intrigued.

Thank you for watching, this last run of pedals is really great. I picked up the D3, White Horse, Choral Reef, Yodeler and Dragon and they all sound outstanding.

Quote from: Aentons on May 08, 2021, 02:04:30 AM
Cool man, I dig it. Ive not even tried mine thru the effects loop... Good thinkin'

One of the other cool tricks with these is that in series mode you can get reverb with pre-delay.

In front of the amp the reverb has always sounded a little too much like two parallel delays so what I do is use the single delay like it's a third delay line in the reverb to sort of fill it out a bit. It sounds like putting it the effects loop solves a lot of that

This was all shown in the first version of the video! That is really cool you brought it up. For the intro No Quarter part, I originally use my 18 watt with a boost into the yodeler into the front end but it kept getting to washy, everything was turned way down. With it in the loop it balances it out and makes it way more usable, especially with high gain sounds.

jjjimi84

Quote from: jimilee on May 08, 2021, 02:18:31 AM
The pedals look fantastic but I want to know about the Lillian DTrat and The Jazzmaster with the roasted maple neck with the reversed headstock. Those are killer looking.

The lillian strat is almost twenty years old... It is a Warmoth partscaster with lindy fralin pickups and the bridge tone control has a pull pot to turn on the bridge pickup, I think it is called the seven way mod or something. Huge neck, huge head stock and the water slide decal is my Grandmother name who used to make the biggest and best blueberry muffins.

The Jazzmaster is another Warmoth build, I watched the spare parts room of theres for months until I found it. It is chambered and super light and has a bell like quality to it, Sunday Hand Wound pick ups and the neck is just my favorite. Roasted maple with a 52 profile and blue azurite fret markers.

Netnnk

That's beautiful build and art, as always.  I built the original version with the internal switch, but made it external as it's such an important control.

It's a basic spring type reverb but adding the delay, especially in series, gives you new sounds. My favorite is turning the delay mix down so you don't hear it. but it affects the reverb letting you add pre-delay and long decay to the previously limited spring.   The delay and reverb can also be parallel.

Any noise or distortion with the PT2399? Some PT2399 projects add an LED to tame ugly clipping and I've been experimenting with that.

jjjimi84

Quote from: Netnnk on May 08, 2021, 08:26:30 AM
That's beautiful build and art, as always.  I built the original version with the internal switch, but made it external as it's such an important control.

It's a basic spring type reverb but adding the delay, especially in series, gives you new sounds. My favorite is turning the delay mix down so you don't hear it. but it affects the reverb letting you add pre-delay and long decay to the previously limited spring.   The delay and reverb can also be parallel.

Any noise or distortion with the PT2399? Some PT2399 projects add an LED to tame ugly clipping and I've been experimenting with that.

My first yodeler has the switch internally which I am glad to now have it externally, it is too important not to habe access to it.

Only time I have every experienced distortion is when I am hammering it with a boost when running it into the front of the amp. There was an unpleasant top end crackle that I didnt like.