News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

Mud bunny led always on

Started by redkurn, July 03, 2021, 12:34:42 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

redkurn

I can find a short anywhere, haven't put it under the scope yet.
I would imagine this isn't normal, but it functions as expected and without power the bypass works as well.

Kind of at a loss, second question.
With the dip switch, what selection would be most big muff stock?
Kind of liking the extra bass mode at the moment.

redkurn

Fully cleaned every exposed solder joint and inspected under the scope, LED is always on even if the effect isn't powered.
No bridging near the LED or on the Bypass PCB.
I'm stumped.

I'm using the LED through hole on the main board, it's been fine before...

Found it! a strand from one wire managed to tuck itself past the LED and ground solder point. Was starting to go mad!

jimilee

Quote from: redkurn on July 03, 2021, 07:02:09 PM
Fully cleaned every exposed solder joint and inspected under the scope, LED is always on even if the effect isn't powered.
I'm stumped.

Found it! a strand from one wire managed to tuck itself past the LED and ground solder point. Was starting to go mad!
Nice. I've done that one myself. It was on the underside of the board, Hoffa you got it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Pedal building is like the opposite of sex.  All the fun stuff happens before you get in the box.

redkurn

Quote from: jimilee on July 03, 2021, 07:49:53 PM
Quote from: redkurn on July 03, 2021, 07:02:09 PM
I'm stumped.

Nice. I've done that one myself. It was on the underside of the board, Hoffa you got it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Those kind of shorts always love being in the last place you will look, this one I couldn't even see... Just slide my fine tip tweezers between the GND | L | IN connection points on the effect board a few times and profit!

These little 3DPT boards are great, saves me at least 10 minutes trimming wire or old snipped leads.