News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

Boss OS-2 layouts, where are they?

Started by jimilee, July 25, 2021, 09:13:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jimilee

Why aren't there any Boss OS-2 layouts? It looks like a pretty cool combination dirt pedal. Sure I could buy one, but it's easier to build it. Any ideas?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Pedal building is like the opposite of sex.  All the fun stuff happens before you get in the box.

lars

I used to have one. It wasn't very good at overdrive or distortion. People found out it's better and sometimes cheaper just to buy a used DS-1 AND an SD-1.
Yep. I clicked the, "continue without supporting us" link....

jimilee

Quote from: lars on July 26, 2021, 03:53:41 PM
I used to have one. It wasn't very good at overdrive or distortion. People found out it's better and sometimes cheaper just to buy a used DS-1 AND an SD-1.
I've heard some and some modded ones. I just would like to build one. [emoji12] I just play at home now.

Pedal building is like the opposite of sex.  All the fun stuff happens before you get in the box.

aion

It's a pretty terrible pedal stock, but an interesting concept and something that should have potential. I've thought about doing one just to put it out there in hopes that the community will be inspired to come up with some mods to make it great.

jimilee

Quote from: aion on July 26, 2021, 07:49:29 PM
It's a pretty terrible pedal stock, but an interesting concept and something that should have potential. I've thought about doing one just to put it out there in hopes that the community will be inspired to come up with some mods to make it great.
There are some pretty neat mods out so far. It would be cool to see more. I don't need the pedal, I just want it.  I've been in a dirt pedal kick lately.

lars

Yep. I clicked the, "continue without supporting us" link....

ahiddentableau

I'm gonna stick up for the OS-2. I think it's a cool pedal, especially on the OD side. It's bright and can be harsh/brittle sounding at some settings, but I find I can get a fantastic bright boosted lead tone from it. I think it would be an interesting candidate for modification, so I would also be interested in a PCB if one was available.

jimilee

Quote from: ahiddentableau on July 31, 2021, 04:57:02 AM
I'm gonna stick up for the OS-2. I think it's a cool pedal, especially on the OD side. It's bright and can be harsh/brittle sounding at some settings, but I find I can get a fantastic bright boosted lead tone from it. I think it would be an interesting candidate for modification, so I would also be interested in a PCB if one was available.
Thank you.

LaceSensor

youre all wrong  8)

Ive had one for over 20 years or more, still use it regularly.
I really enjoy it.