News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

#VFEFRIDAY Red Wolf

Started by jjjimi84, July 30, 2021, 07:44:31 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

jjjimi84

The final three and a continuation of last weeks Alpha Dog, here is the Red Wolf. This was the redesign of the Alpha Dog for the Live Series and is way more straight forward but sounds really great. This one has the OP07 chip in it and I am not enough of a Rat aficionado to tell the difference between it and the LM308. It is in a bare enclosure that was airbrushed flat blue and then hand painted with grey wolf. Straight out of little red riding hood, am i right?

Two left...........What will they be......

Thewintersoldier

its a grat build again dan, and how do you not like a good rat?! i'll be sad to se the series com to an end.  :'(
Who the hell is Bucky?

matmosphere

Nice! I don't trust people that don't like Rats.

harryklippton

I've been thinking I need a proper rat. The first pedal I ever had was a vintage big box rat that I never got along with

Jakes Dad

Nice build.

Built a Rat thinking I had an LM308 in my stash.  Couldn't find it so I ordered an OP07 since 308s had suddenly become unobtainium.  While waiting I remembered I had a 308 in a Black Horse Meerkat that I wasn't in love with, so I pulled it and put it in the Rat.  Was really enjoying the Rat when the 07 came in so I popped it in the Meerkat just to see what happened - it was way better in the Meerkat than the 308.  Haven't got around to checking it out in the Rat.

Chuck

cooder

Very cool again and another howler of a graphic!
BigNoise Amplification

Bio77

Another great build, Dan!  8)

My guess for the two left: Tractor Beam and Fuzz Duo?

jjjimi84

Thank you all for the kind words. Although I don't plan on building anymore VFE pedals that new motherload pack from Peter is pretty great and there might be more.

The next two are not the fuzz duo or the enterprise, the phaser was one of my first vfe builds and is going to be taking an acetone bath soon because of a bad epoxy pour....

jimilee

Quote from: jjjimi84 on July 30, 2021, 07:13:40 PM
Thank you all for the kind words. Although I don't plan on building anymore VFE pedals that new motherload pack from Peter is pretty great and there might be more.

The next two are not the fuzz duo or the enterprise, the phaser was one of my first vfe builds and is going to be taking an acetone bath soon because of a bad epoxy pour....

Yep, I bought the motherload...
Pedal building is like the opposite of sex.  All the fun stuff happens before you get in the box.

jjjimi84

Quote from: jimilee on July 30, 2021, 08:45:16 PM

How cool is it?!? I love how well everything is presented and the little history bits in there. I am one step closer to a Ravine and building more shit I don't need.

jimilee

Quote from: jjjimi84 on July 31, 2021, 02:54:37 AM

How cool is it?!? I love how well everything is presented and the little history bits in there. I am one step closer to a Ravine and building more shit I don't need.
I really dig the new layouts. I ordered some PCBs from jlcpcb. We'll see how they turn out.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Pedal building is like the opposite of sex.  All the fun stuff happens before you get in the box.

Bio77

Quote from: jimilee on July 31, 2021, 06:07:52 AM
I really dig the new layouts. I ordered some PCBs from jlcpcb. We'll see how they turn out.
Do the new layouts have soft touch and microcontroller?  If so, how do you get the PIC??

jimilee

Quote from: Bio77 on July 31, 2021, 08:30:48 AM
Do the new layouts have soft touch and microcontroller?  If so, how do you get the PIC??
Yes, you can to buy them from Peter.

jjjimi84

What?!? What did you go with?

jimilee

Quote from: jjjimi84 on July 31, 2021, 12:31:34 PM

What?!? What did you go with?
The alpha dog. I ordered it before the motherload was announced. I got 5 boards and 5 companion boards for like $5 or something.