News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

CosmoTone- Aion Astra

Started by harryklippton, August 08, 2021, 05:49:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

harryklippton

I actually built this back in April before my daughter was born, but it had been sitting in my troubleshooting box for reasons I can't even remember. At some point, I know I had gone through it and added the transistor sockets for some reason, who knows, but I never got around to play testing it again. This was one of if not my first go with the gold foil no film decal, and it's a little off center.

I should probably fix the spliced and electrical taped wire, but I'm just gonna enjoy a completed build for a bit first. This was also my first project from Aion, and the wiring layout threw me a bit.

Anyway, this pedal sounds cool, fuzzy but holds together well for chords- pretty beefy. I've got half a dozen other pedals that are almost done and need wired or boxed up that I started before my daughter was born, and I'm hoping to wrap some of those up soon. This feels like a success!

matmosphere

Very nice! Love that artwork.

Bio77

Looks great!  I've been thinking about trying that gold or silver transfer paper. 

What is the circuit based on?

harryklippton

Quote from: Bio77 on August 09, 2021, 10:15:51 AM
Looks great!  I've been thinking about trying that gold or silver transfer paper. 

What is the circuit based on?

I love the gold foil. I'm gonna get some silver in my next order.

It's the sam ash fuzz boxxx/analogman astrotone. You'll see I took some design inspiration from the analogman unit :)