News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

Tone Virus

Started by diablochris6, August 31, 2021, 03:27:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

diablochris6

It's been too long since I showed off a pedal build, and honestly, the best part isn't even by me! This is Madbean's Tone Virus board which might be my wife's least favorite pedal to hear me play out of. So many weirdo sounds coming out of this. It's a simple and satisfying build, and it's even easier when the stellar enclosure is done by Bio77. Fantastic work, John! We went for a design scheme similar to the Sagan Delay. What took so long for me to post it? I never got a round to buying knobs for it...until now!

Build guides of my original designs and modifications here

mjg

Nice.  You know you're kicking goals when the wife has chosen a least favourite!

The enclosure art is a beautiful thing, well done.

danfrank

Yeah,  really beautiful graphics. My TV doesn't work right because I think I installed the wrong type of on-on-on switch.
Please make a demo video so I know what it's supposed to do.
Thanks.
Great job!

jimilee

DAaaammmn how did I miss this one?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Pedal building is like the opposite of sex.  All the fun stuff happens before you get in the box.

matmosphere

Cool! The tone virus is an interesting one, some fun noises for sure. I really like mirror effect of the spider robots legs and the stomp switch wiring.

jjjimi84

Very cool! Love the knobs, really ties the pedal together...

dan.schumaker

That is a sharp looking pedal! Its a fun noise maker, I have never really found any usable sounds in mine, other than annoying my wife as well :)

Bio77

Man, those guts are pretty! 

I have the PPCB version of this circuit, which doesn't have the master volume.  So, even harder to not accidentally annoy the wife  ;D  Glad you like the box!  8)

Thewintersoldier

Slick build inside and out. I agree it's a fun pedal but I would know where to use it unless I was making rave music lol. And that enclosure @Bio77 is amazing. Every time I think I'm doing no film good John posts an enclosure and I feel like a noob again lol

Sent from my Pixel 5 using Tapatalk

Who the hell is Bucky?

m-Kresol

wow great stuff. Love the graphics
I build pedals to hide my lousy playing.

My projects are labeled Quantum Effects. My shared OSH park projects: https://oshpark.com/profiles/m-Kresol
My build docs and tutorials