News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

Bunch of builds…again

Started by jimilee, September 30, 2021, 10:48:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jimilee

Let's start with an old school tremolo, I really like the way this think works.

Next is an EQD Hummingbird

]

Then, we'll go to an Ultra 78

Then we have an EQD White Light

Pedal building is like the opposite of sex.  All the fun stuff happens before you get in the box.

jjjimi84

Dang man you are killing it! All of it is looking really great. Love the graphics on the Old School

jimilee

Quote from: jjjimi84 on October 01, 2021, 04:02:45 PM
Dang man you are killing it! All of it is looking really great. Love the graphics on the Old School
Thank you sir. After I saw the demo, I was fascinated by its ability to slow down as the notes rang out.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Pedal building is like the opposite of sex.  All the fun stuff happens before you get in the box.

brucer

Sweet builds jimilee.  Triple DIY points for etched boards. 

gordo

Damn that Old School is too slick.  I love my build but yours adds a big scoop of cool graphics.
Gordy Power
How loud is too loud?  What?

madbean

Everything looks great, but that Old School looks even more so!

jimilee

Quote from: madbean on October 02, 2021, 12:43:01 AM
Everything looks great, but that Old School looks even more so!
High praise from Madbean himself . I feel  most honored, thank you! I can work some photoshop just enough to be dangerous.

diablochris6

Great work, Jimi! I dig the graphic for the White Light, and you can't go wrong with a Trans-Am. That Old School look is killing it!
Build guides of my original designs and modifications here

jimilee

Quote from: diablochris6 on October 05, 2021, 03:50:57 AM
Great work, Jimi! I dig the graphic for the White Light, and you can't go wrong with a Trans-Am. That Old School look is killing it!
What's more ultra 78 than the trans-am firebird?

skypn

+100 on the graphics man.
How do you apply your graphics to the enclosure, if that's not a rude question? I have had some success with water slide decals, but would like to explore other options. For me, the graphics are half the fun of a build.
Also, did you design the circuit for the Old School, or is it modeled/modded from another pedal. I would like to try my hand next at a tremolo.
TIA
Knowledge for Knowledge's Sake

jimilee

Quote from: skypn on October 09, 2021, 07:59:36 PM
+100 on the graphics man.
How do you apply your graphics to the enclosure, if that's not a rude question? I have had some success with water slide decals, but would like to explore other options. For me, the graphics are half the fun of a build.
Also, did you design the circuit for the Old School, or is it modeled/modded from another pedal. I would like to try my hand next at a tremolo.
TIA

Hey hey, thank you. I use water slide decals and cover them with enviro tex. The circuit itself is a VFE circuit that Brian sells in the store. It's a wicked cool circuit. You can set it to helicopter slow dissolve as the note resolves or the reverse of that. I think it's pretty awesome, While waiting on parts for it, I decided to build the hummingbird, which is an EQD pedal, obviously. You need to grab one.