News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

First Klone (GC Tusk)

Started by Bret608, November 02, 2021, 08:33:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bret608

Well, I managed to get something finished up while getting parts orders ready for an upcoming chorus build. I've had this Klone board from good ol' Grind Customs knocking around for ages. I do like it! First time I've heard this circuit in the flesh to be honest. I liked how Keefe (Haberdasher) did a zodiac symbol on his build, so I got my daughter to draw the sign for Cancer (my sign, of course) and send it to me as a PNG. Went all extra and did the font and graphic in oxblood to match the knobs! Anyway, the diodes are some unmarked ones I got from the 1n60 bin in the lab at the college where I work. Forward voltage is like .28 and .30 if I recall, so just a hair asymmetrical I guess.

Haberdasher

Looks great, Bret!  I especially dig the knobs.
Looking for a discontinued madbean board?  Check out my THREAD

FABBED PCB's FOR SALE:
Now carrying Matched JFETS

jimilee

Wo, that looks great. Probably my favorite Grind klone, short of the bass one that was never released.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Pedal building is like the opposite of sex.  All the fun stuff happens before you get in the box.

Bio77

Wow, that looks sharp!   8)

The layout threw me off at first glance.  It looks like there's a 3PDT in there, but then I remembered the dual pot on the Klon.

Bret608

Thanks, everyone! Yeah, it totally looks like a 3PDT from above. I had to read the build doc a couple times for sure...trust me, mistakes were almost made...besides the pot arrangement, none of the in/out pads are marked, and the square ones are all ground, which to my brain seemed counter-intuitive.

And these knobs really are beauties. Glad I grabbed some from Small Bear before...you know!