News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

Storage ideas

Started by beneharris, November 13, 2021, 02:36:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

beneharris

Can you guys show/tell me what you use to store all your parts? Resistors, caps, etc. I had used plastic shelves with the tiny cubbies in them, but I just don't have the room for them any longer.

Aentons

Nested ziplock bags work for me. 2.5 gallon are the biggest, then quart, and then smaller an smaller.. One for resistors, one for caps, one for wire, etc. It's easy to see what's what and to sling them out and back in. The slider type are excellent

jimilee

Quote from: Aentons on November 13, 2021, 03:03:23 PM
Nested ziplock bags work for me. 2.5 gallon are the biggest, then quart, and then smaller an smaller.. One for resistors, one for caps, one for wire, etc. It's easy to see what's what and to sling them out and back in
This, except I have a storage bin like this with drawers.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Pedal building is like the opposite of sex.  All the fun stuff happens before you get in the box.

davent

Cut down cardboard, magazine holders from Ikea to hold small labelled ziplocs, pack hundreds of resistors and caps into very little space.

https://www.madbeanpedals.com/forum/index.php?topic=13547.msg124957#msg124957

"If you always do what you always did- you always get what you always got." - Unknown

If my photos are missing again... they're hosted by photobucket... and as of 06/2017 being held hostage... to be continued?

beneharris

Here is what I ended up with. Not a solution for all of my parts, but it keeps my work bench cleaner since I don't have the room for my larger drawers any longer.