News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

Greetings from Long Island

Started by BricksnBeatles, November 16, 2021, 01:30:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

BricksnBeatles

Hey everyone!
I'm Nick and I'm 22 years old. Been playing guitar since I was around 6 years old, and I've been building pedals since I was around 14 or 15— shortly after I completed my first guitar build (which curiously was completed after my second guitar build). I've been an avid woodworker since I was a kid as well, so sometimes I like to incorporate that into things— I got a lathe for my 21st birthday last year, and recently I've thought about making some cool wooden knobs for some of my pedal builds next spring.

I've been active on plenty of other forums for years, so I'm sure I'll recognize at least a few of you. I made an account on here a while ago, but only recently realized that I had never actually posted before, so here I am.

Just since I can't think of anything else to share, here are some fun facts:

•My favorite musicians include Frank Zappa, George Harrison, Adrian Belew/King Crimson, Joni Mitchell, Todd Rundgren, Ween, Rush, Oingo Boingo, Carole King, and Steely Dan.

•I'm pretty obsessed with Phasers, Fuzzes, and weird effects that have extremely limited practical use. I'm especially a big fan of some of the weird niche stuff that makes Adrian Belew and Henry Kaiser sound traditional in comparison.

•I've been designing way too many Star Wars themed pedals recently, and I should have a good a few of them to share soon. I'm currently working on graphics for a Touchstone— Bad Batch fans may have an idea of what I'm calling it ;)

•I like things that are needlessly complicated. Usually it doesn't pay off, but I'm in denial, so you can't convince me to stop.

•I love collecting posters from concerts I go to. Not a particularly interesting fact, but I felt like I needed one more.

jimilee

Welcome to our little corner of the internet. Sounds like you'll fit right in. We all have alive of all things guitar and needlessly complicated things.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Pedal building is like the opposite of sex.  All the fun stuff happens before you get in the box.