News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

Hello from Canyon Country CA

Started by djmiyta, November 16, 2021, 02:45:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

djmiyta

Hello forum,
I've been lurking in the shadows of this forum for sometime and think it was time to come out to say hi plus I think it's a better way to ask for help if people know something about me.
So I'm one of those with no electronic experience just like putting things together myself and making it myself.
When I first did my first builds I used super thin black tape and these black sticky rub off donuts from radio shack that I would do on clear mylar then burn the image onto a postive resistance piece of copper etch it drill it etc. It took me about 9-15 days start to finish on a pedal and this was before the internet. I picked up craig anderton's books and some schematics that I would draw a sketch layout from. Man if I only saw the light back then might of been able to gotten a business going out of it but I'm too short sighted missed the boat. I built stuff some worked some didn't then stopped for a few years but like 12 years ago I got bit by the DIY bug again and havent looked back just that now I'll try to buy prefabbed boards and etch my own only for something I can't find.
lately been getting a lot from PedalPCB.
Thanks to all of you who share your  knowledge with the slow and dumb ones like me. I could not have come this far without all of yours and their help.
I hope soon I can give back to others and pay it forward.

oh and Ive got several non functioning pedals just waiting to be saved so I'll be here quite often

jimilee

Welcome welcome welcome to the house that Bean built.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Pedal building is like the opposite of sex.  All the fun stuff happens before you get in the box.

Zerro

I can bet that you are not slow and dumb. Maybe not too experienced. And this is something different. Wellcome here!
"Nudíte se? Kupte si našeho cvičeného ježka! Pobaví vás svými veselýmí kousky!"