News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

New Scope Day

Started by madbean, November 19, 2021, 03:41:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

madbean

I've been without a scope for a few years and I'm at the point where one would really help in a lot of situations. So, Hantek DSO2D10 it is. I really wanted to get one of the Siglent 4-channel (since that would mean probably never wanting to upgrade) but at $500 it's just out of my price range. This one may not be the greatest, but it seemed to have okay reviews and was half the price of the other. Plus it does have some kind of waveform generator on it and that might be handy. USB waveform capture might also help with showing certain results in build docs, too.

Has more lights than the old Tektronix I had before. So that's nice.

jimilee

Nice! I see you got some symmetrical clipping going on there.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Pedal building is like the opposite of sex.  All the fun stuff happens before you get in the box.

madbean

Quote from: jimilee on November 19, 2021, 04:29:58 PM
Nice! I see you got some symmetrical clipping going on there.

This is actually just me trying to calibrate the probes. They have a little slot so you can use the on-board square wave generator to adjust them to get the best accuracy with readings.

There's still a lot I have to learn about scopes. I know most of the basics but I've never really dived into everything a modern one can do!

jimilee

Congratulations sir, I look forward to years of kick assery.

Pedal building is like the opposite of sex.  All the fun stuff happens before you get in the box.