News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

Boss DC-2 Dimension C Clones!!!

Started by seven64, December 15, 2011, 07:40:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

seven64

There is only 1 version of this pedal available for DIY online that I can find, and frankly it isn't that great.  I haven't got it completed yet, but am getting very close.  I just hate the size and the layout available.  There are way too many jumpers and it makes it look super sloppy. 

Here is the project page:

http://topopiccione.atspace.com/PJ18BossDC2.html

I hope this sounds as good as the original.  I have the original on my pedalboard now, but with the going rate of these ($300-$500) I can't help but want to either clone it and sell the original or the clone if it sounds good.

I vote if Brian clones this he should go all vertical resistors!  That would be SICKKKK!

Here is a youtube demo of quite possibly the greatest chorus pedal ever built.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gK8rZHKwizQ

marmaliser

I picked  up a DC-2 a month ago for £40 / $60.  It has been through the wars though but it still sounds fantastic much better than any other chorus I have (Fulltone Choralflange, Small Clone, DC-3, Pork Barrell (ce-2).
So i agree a quality madbean board of this effect would be fantastic but I believe there are a LOT of parts so it could end up quite a costly build.

madbean

I actually gave this some consideration not too long ago. I might be willing to take a crack at it. It would be a great project.

seven64

if it helps, apparently behringer has a <$40 clone out there.....

Check out the Behringer Space C

eldanko

I owned 3 or 4 of these at one time!  Freakin LOVE em.  Still have two...

Fromel's LuSH/Seraph was a really great take on this...
www.danekinser.com - Music, Builds, other nonsense

madbean

I think this would be do-able. After looking some more at it, I think using two pots in place of the four switches as suggested by moosapatomus would be the way to go. I'll work on it as time allows.

cjkbug

I just picked up a fromel "lush" prototype in a gearpage trade. it is a dimension clone with some mods. there's a lot goin' on inside that box. it has a ton of mn3007s. would be a fun challenging project. the thing sounds amazing. I'll post some gut shots when I get a chance. really nice pedal.
I got blisters on my fingers!!!

seven64

Quote from: cjkbug on December 22, 2011, 10:39:42 PM
I just picked up a fromel "lush" prototype in a gearpage trade. it is a dimension clone with some mods. there's a lot goin' on inside that box. it has a ton of mn3007s. would be a fun challenging project. the thing sounds amazing. I'll post some gut shots when I get a chance. really nice pedal.

i would love you to get it over to fsb for a possible trace :D