News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

Tayda orders, calculate of the duty, fee, taxes... please?

Started by JackSkellington, December 08, 2021, 03:00:19 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

JackSkellington

Hello guys. I have a big problem to afford the cost of my DIY hobby activities in the last period.
Tayda has been a big resource to buy material at low cost to build pedals. I always used Registered Mail and coupon code 15% discount.
But now we don't have coupon, and registered mail, at least in EU, I guess. And the new rules about duty and fee has increased the cost very much.
I can't place my order (around 65 $) because I don't know how fee I'll pay in the end, and I afraid it could be really much high.
I just know I have to add VAT (22% in Italy), but I have to include before even some other costs.

Do somebody calculate these duty or write here how much he paid for its orders, please?
«Just because I cannot see it doesn't mean I can't believe it»

Muadzin

This was why I used to order no bigger then $40 with a coupon at the time, so I would get the nice envelops with $25 stamped on it. And except for once when they opened it I never had to pay for it. The one time I did place a bigger order it came in a box, in which case customs immediately hit me with import charges.

If I were you I'd create a spreadsheet where you can fill in what your Tayda order will cost and that then adds anywhere between 22 and 30% of your Tayda order cost so you have an immediate insight in what you will probably end up paying. As it can be a combination of VAT and customs duties. If you want to know what it will be for sure your best bet will be to place a small test order, see what the additional costs will be and extrapolate from there. And also keep in mind what the price difference will be + VAT and customs duties with EU webshops like Musikding. Although you might end up being lucky and Tayda has found a loophole to avoid having you pay VAT. Like Aliexpress and Amazon seem to have found.

Governments are just like the mafia, only with superior enforcers to make you pay, courts and laws to unnecessarily annoy you, and far less effective law enforcement to make up for it. Nobody messes with the mafia after all.

JackSkellington

I used to make about 40 $ order only with coupon, too. And registered mail.

Unfortunately, DHL doesn't say, at least I didn't find out, how they calculate this fee. I heard a guy, with a 42 $ order, DHL shipping included, paid 28 $ of fee. More than 65% of cost.
I think small orders are the worst thing we could do today. In the past I did two or three 40-45 $ gathering all the parts I need for my projects, but maybe I should spend all in one bigger order just stocking parts.
Maybe the weight could increase some fee, but if a fee is fixed (16 €?) and the about 12 $ DHL shipping is fixed (this we know it) bigger order can be more convenient then small reducing the percentage of the cost causes by all the fee.
Afterall, Tayda itself says:«import tax and DHL import clearance handling fees can be very expensive!! not ideal for small orders».

I think with some example of orders made from Tayda we could draw a sort of graphic. If somebody from EU want to share his experience. :)
After we have this schematic we could decide how we should to spend from Tayda to be more convenient than Musikding or other shops, and maybe even what exactly to buy. Resistors and pots are very cheap, some film caps or IC costs almost the same, and save just two or five cents it's not enough, knowing in the end the cost will be increased of 30%, for example. Better to fill the cart with other stuff.
I need to order other stuff from Musikding, anyway.

Off Topic: The target of the EU was increase internal market demand, but that has only diminished our purchasing power, imho. I'll be more poor or I'll buy less stuff.
«Just because I cannot see it doesn't mean I can't believe it»