News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

Mysterioso 3pdt Board - is it salvageable?

Started by PangeaDestructor, December 20, 2021, 05:01:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

PangeaDestructor

I emailed MB about this but then realized that was probably annoying, since the forums are here for the purpose of support and he likely doesn't have a replacement since it comes attached to the effect board. I put together the Mysterioso (blackstone mosfet) and when I solder the footswitches in, I missed the bit in the instructions about how they should be facing each other instead of straight up like normal. Managed to get them out with some braid, a sucker and some patience, but I still pulled off a few of the solder pads from the underside. Pics attached, are the remaining pads on top enough to keep this functional? I can see that I may want to jump one of the switch pins, which doesn't look too hard.

madbean

Let me check and see if I have any of the prototype boards still. I could take one off those (I can't do that on the production board without tossing the rest!) I'll get back to you tomorrow.

PangeaDestructor

Totally understand about the production boards, I didn't mean to even imply that as a possibility. I'd sooner order another full one and just pull the switching board off it. That would be awesome if you have a proto board available, if not I'm thinking I can jump the corner pin on one to the second nearest hole because I can see that I also ripped part of the trace up, and otherwise be maybe ok.

Aentons

I would solder it up and do a countinuity test to see what works and jumper the ones that don't.

jimilee

Quote from: PangeaDestructor on December 20, 2021, 05:11:48 PM
Totally understand about the production boards, I didn't mean to even imply that as a possibility. I'd sooner order another full one and just pull the switching board off it. That would be awesome if you have a proto board available, if not I'm thinking I can jump the corner pin on one to the second nearest hole because I can see that I also ripped part of the trace up, and otherwise be maybe ok.
Brian is just thoughtful like that, he's all about customer service. I can echo what was just said. Hook it all up and see if it works. Jump those bad boys, or wait until Brian gets back to you so you don't have to desolder the switches again.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Pedal building is like the opposite of sex.  All the fun stuff happens before you get in the box.

PangeaDestructor

Thanks all. Gonna wait and see if I can just get a replacement, if not I'm pretty confident I can jump the shredded ones where they're supposed to go.

madbean

I just checked. I do have an extra. I will send it out today.

PangeaDestructor

Wow. I appreciate that so much, Brian.

Guess I'll be placing another order for something soon when the next batch drops, those VFEs are super fun and challenging.

madbean

Quote from: PangeaDestructor on December 21, 2021, 09:09:37 AM
Wow. I appreciate that so much, Brian.

My pleasure. Dropped off today so it should arrive in a few days.