News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

Rat palisades style

Started by jimilee, January 06, 2022, 08:31:13 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

jimilee

Is there a rat pedal, like the palisades but based on a rat instead of a screamer? I was thinking of modifying a schematic to do just that.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Pedal building is like the opposite of sex.  All the fun stuff happens before you get in the box.

Aentons

Quote from: jimilee on January 06, 2022, 08:31:13 AM
Is there a rat pedal, like the palisades but based on a rat instead of a screamer? I was thinking of modifying a schematic to do just that.

VFE Alpha Dog... more of a Dunes tho

storyboardist

My Dwyer Distorter might be just what you're after. Heavy Palisades influence when I put it together.
Guy behind Effects Layouts

jimilee

Quote from: storyboardist on January 20, 2022, 11:38:29 AM
My Dwyer Distorter might be just what you're after. Heavy Palisades influence when I put it together.
Here is what I came up with and sent to Elecrow a couple of weeks back.

Pedal building is like the opposite of sex.  All the fun stuff happens before you get in the box.

DLW

Is it just me, or are there a number of traces contacting pads?

jimilee

Quote from: DLW on January 21, 2022, 03:42:50 AM
Is it just me, or are there a number of traces contacting pads?
I'll have a look at it, but I don't think they're actually touching if they aren't supposed to be.

Edit: Nope, all good.

storyboardist

That's looking good Jimi, I dig the Mighty Mouse graphic. There does look like there's an airwire between R9 and D12, which looks like a ground connection?

jimilee

Quote from: storyboardist on January 21, 2022, 08:10:08 AM
That's looking good Jimi, I dig the Mighty Mouse graphic. There does look like there's an airwire between R9 and D12, which looks like a ground connection?
Damn sure is. In eagle, it shows the parts are still connected to ground though. Weird.

Edit: I know exactly how that happened. The grounds weren't connecting to the ground plane, so I went back in the schematic and fixed that, but didn't notice the air wire. Should work just fine.

diablochris6

Quote from: jimilee on January 21, 2022, 10:12:27 AM

Edit: I know exactly how that happened. The grounds weren't connecting to the ground plane, so I went back in the schematic and fixed that, but didn't notice the air wire. Should work just fine.

Jimi, when I make my schematics in Eagle, I like to use the GND part in Madbean's library (I think it's in the "supply pins" folder) instead of connecting all the components together with wires. It will make for a cleaner schematic (especially with some of the more complicated circuits), and the ground is all networked together on the board, just create a ground plane! That works for me anyhow...so many ways to skin a cat.
Build guides of my original designs and modifications here

jimilee

Quote from: diablochris6 on January 23, 2022, 08:56:26 AM
Quote from: jimilee on January 21, 2022, 10:12:27 AM

Jimi, when I make my schematics in Eagle, I like to use the GND part in Madbean's library (I think it's in the "supply pins" folder) instead of connecting all the components together with wires. It will make for a cleaner schematic (especially with some of the more complicated circuits), and the ground is all networked together on the board, just create a ground plane! That works for me anyhow...so many ways to skin a cat.
Hey Chris. Yep, that's what I did. I was having issues the first time because I used the the ground form from the effects layouts folder and the madbean folder, which didn't work because the were mixed. I deleted all the grounds form the schematic and readers it, which then grounded everything, but, left an airWire for some reason. Everything appears to be grounded, so it should be ok. I'll know more when the boards get here.

BTW for anyone wondering. Elecrow doesn't appear to be faster than JLCPCB and it's more expensive shipping.

storyboardist

Quote from: jimilee on January 23, 2022, 10:42:16 AM
BTW for anyone wondering. Elecrow doesn't appear to be faster than JLCPCB and it's more expensive shipping.

Yeah, I only use Elecrow now when I have panelized boards where I can fit like 4+ boards of the same design in one 10x10cm board. They do often throw in extra boards. In my last Elecrow order I ordered 10 of everything and got 11-12 of each one. Not that it makes up for the extra shipping, but always a nice bonus. I do think Elecrow's boards are slightly better quality than JLC, or at least more consistent in quality (mostly on the silkscreen), but I still use JLC all the time.

jimilee

Quote from: storyboardist on January 21, 2022, 08:10:08 AM
I figured it out, r9 is on a ground island. Ran a jumper, works great. Fixed if for any reason 9 more boards isn't enough.