News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

TC7662BCPA Alternatives

Started by zachlovescoffee, January 09, 2022, 07:16:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

zachlovescoffee

I'm sourcing parts to build the VFE Bumble Bee and Choral Chorus. These ICs are sold out everywhere. Are there suitable alternatives you recommend?

matmosphere

Quote from: zachlovescoffee on January 09, 2022, 07:16:12 PM
I'm sourcing parts to build the VFE Bumble Bee and Choral Chorus. These ICs are sold out everywhere. Are there suitable alternatives you recommend?

I think the 7660 will work as long as you don't give it more than 9volts, but I am not 100 percent on that. If I recall correctly the 7660 and 7662 are the same aside from the voltage rating.

zachlovescoffee

Apparently the 7662(variations) is the "enhanced" version of the 7660. However, they all seem to be slightly different.

The BEPA is the closest I could find to the BCPA but it has some differences that I don't know about. BCPA output current max is 100ma whereas BEPA is 20ma. That seems like a significant difference but I don't know if it matters in this application.

https://www.apogeeweb.net/compare/tc7662bepa-vs-tc7660cpa.html

mauman

The Renesas ICL7660S CPA is pin-for-pin compatible and provides up to 45 mA, same as the Microchip 7662B.  If you don't need that much current, the Microchip TC1044S CPA is also pin for pin compatible, but drops a bit more output voltage as the current increases (-1V @ 20 mA, -2V @ 60 mA.)