News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

Getting a chorus sound that doesn't sound like it belongs on crackers

Started by midwayfair, January 21, 2022, 08:19:04 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

midwayfair

Made this video yesterday after a friend told me the chorus on a guitar track sounded really good.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0ABRdxglJuk

diablochris6

Great insight. Thanks for letting us take a peek at your thought process. Your commentary and explanation of effects whether recording or in your build docs always have a plethora of useful knowledge!
Build guides of my original designs and modifications here

midwayfair

Quote from: diablochris6 on January 23, 2022, 09:13:57 AM
Great insight. Thanks for letting us take a peek at your thought process. Your commentary and explanation of effects whether recording or in your build docs always have a plethora of useful knowledge!

Thanks, Chris. Sometimes I worry that I'm going into information overload, and it's good to know if experienced people don't just get impatient with me. (Hopefully newbies don't get overwhelmed by it, too.) But I'd rather say everything I think needs to be covered than to fall short.

gordo

Not at all.  When I first heard it I thought "harmonic tremolo" but different.  I really enjoyed this and the stereo imaging is nuts.  Of course having such an elegant clean sound certainly starts with a good cake to put the icing on :-)
Gordy Power
How loud is too loud?  What?

jimilee

So much yes. I like the. Chorus sound you're getting.
1) I love your vocal mic, it sounds so natural.
2) I love my cardinal harmonic tremolo. Coupled with a ts808, it sounds like a very different phaser.
3) I really like the liquid chorus sound, I've got an old liquid chorus pedal I picked up somewhere. It does have delay, but the chorus is great.
4) interesting song title you've got there.

Thanks Jon, it's always appreciated when you explain the theory and logistics.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Pedal building is like the opposite of sex.  All the fun stuff happens before you get in the box.

midwayfair

Quote from: jimilee on January 24, 2022, 04:38:57 PM
1) I love your vocal mic, it sounds so natural.

One thing that's funny about using the RE20 as much as I do (I use it live, too) is that I can actually recognize the sound of it when other people are recording it or using it on the radio! It's a truly great piece of kit and probably some of the smartest money I've ever spent.

4) interesting song title you've got there.

I like long titles.

It's one of the better songs I've written lately, so much so that I'm actually planning to pay to master it before I plop it on Bandcamp etc. :P