News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

VFE Bumblebee - no swell

Started by zachlovescoffee, February 12, 2022, 04:13:44 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

zachlovescoffee

Okay here is a full voltage chart for the switching board. The relay chip seems a little odd (all 0's unless indicated) as well as some of the resistors around it. But maybe I don't know squat. The pedal was switched to power on.

Aentons

Quote from: zachlovescoffee on April 17, 2022, 07:02:25 AM
Okay here is a full voltage chart for the switching board. The relay chip seems a little odd (all 0's unless indicated) as well as some of the resistors around it. But maybe I don't know squat. The pedal was switched to power on.
Your relay is in upside down. The line on top of the relay should match the build doc

jimilee

Quote from: Aentons on April 17, 2022, 08:10:47 AM
Quote from: zachlovescoffee on April 17, 2022, 07:02:25 AM
Your relay is in upside down. The line on top of the relay should match the build doc
Daaaaammnn good catch. We all missed that one.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Pedal building is like the opposite of sex.  All the fun stuff happens before you get in the box.

zachlovescoffee

Happy Easter! I predict that the electrons will raise from the grave when I get home from the in-laws later today.

If the relay is upside down then how is any of the signal making it to the board? It's just flowing backwards through the same input and output pins? Somehow inverting the signal or acting as a massive resistor cutting the flow?

I'm still learning to read schematics and understanding what each circuit does. So forgive my ignorance please!

zachlovescoffee

That did it baby!!!! Now we're cooking with sauce!

Swell is working, though not tuned yet and the level works. This thing gets looooud! So excited!!!

Aentons

gordo

Gordy Power
How loud is too loud?  What?

jimilee

Quote from: zachlovescoffee on April 17, 2022, 06:46:23 PM
That did it baby!!!! Now we're cooking with sauce!

Swell is working, though not tuned yet and the level works. This thing gets looooud! So excited!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Pedal building is like the opposite of sex.  All the fun stuff happens before you get in the box.

zachlovescoffee

Pretty much got the swell dialed in - could be a little closer to perfection but it's def playable. I just have to get it boxed up now! I've re-thought my art concept. I'm going to go with one of those jade/emerald green Gorva boxes and call it the 'Jade Roller'. Kind of a tongue in cheek for those things that chicks use to smooth out their faces.