News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

Polytrog, Chartlatan and SludgeHammer released

Started by madbean, March 09, 2022, 03:37:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Thewintersoldier

Quote from: gordo on March 11, 2022, 04:27:01 PM
Thats a drag cuz Xvive has done some nice stuff.

I followed the build doc thread for the Worm and didn't realize it did quite so much stuff.  I'm quite stoked to build this beast anyway, but I just thought it was a cool trem.
if you wanna build a cool trem, effectslayouts has the pulsar tremolo coming out soon that was traced from my OG big box pulsar. Check out my build report. Its a really cool trem and not like other ones out their circuit wise, and ehx just released a nano version.
Who the hell is Bucky?

oeslicoalfin

QuoteWell, that's the real question: if the Xvive RI is to blame. I did confirm that the dark resistance was at least 50M and the VTL should be around 100M. But, it could be the response time is incorrect and that's the cause of the problem (it has to be really fast due to the 2200uF cap). If that is the issue, then there's no point in releasing it b/c I haven't been able to get my hands on a VTL5C6. But, I will see if I can get one and if I can find a source to buy a lot for the project then I could release it. I already have the boards and the 2200uF caps. Everything else about is okay and I included some mod ideas for the shortcomings I found (just the general output and clean to compression balance).

The only place I know of that has the VTL5C6 is Thonk UK (https://www.thonk.co.uk/shop/vactrols-vtl5c/). I've bought three there for THC Effects' Dr. Phil. I've never played the Pigtronix pedal, but Dr. Phil has sustain for days along with some grizzle...

dawson

Charlatan build doc's: "There's no room for a light shield on the PCB."

Me: "Hold my beer bong!"

Criticism is encouraged: constructive, or otherwise.

EBK

Love it!  Anything is possible! 
Brian should issue a veiled challenge in every build doc.  ;D
"There is a pestilence upon this land. Nothing is sacred. Even those who arrange and design shrubberies are under considerable economic stress in this period in history." --Roger the Shrubber

harryklippton

Quote from: dawson on April 07, 2022, 02:28:39 PM
Charlatan build doc's: "There's no room for a light shield on the PCB."

Me: "Hold my beer bong!"

Snazzy

Thewintersoldier

That's awesome. I went old school and shrink wrapped like a neanderthal 💀💀💀
Who the hell is Bucky?

gordo

That's an insane little shield!  I've still managed to avoid the 3D printer rabbit hole...

I built the Worm and just got in a few enclosures so am looking forward to boxing it up.  It's stood up to my first impression and Chris, your demo very much nails the cool range of sounds it gets.  Like you mentioned it doesn't do anything REALLY well but it covers a lot of territory and there are a bunch of cool sounds to be had.
Gordy Power
How loud is too loud?  What?

dawson

Quote from: Thewintersoldier on April 07, 2022, 03:34:32 PM
That's awesome. I went old school and shrink wrapped like a neanderthal 💀💀💀

Thanks- your shrink wrap looks tight, and Brian's free-balling his in the build doc's, so it seems there are many ways to Worm!

Hey, has anybody got a current vendor for the 9203 photocells?
*I've got to come clean, the three pictured earlier are only place-holders for now.

Thewintersoldier

Quote from: dawson on April 07, 2022, 05:30:03 PM
Quote from: Thewintersoldier on April 07, 2022, 03:34:32 PM
That's awesome. I went old school and shrink wrapped like a neanderthal [emoji88][emoji88][emoji88]

Thanks- your shrink wrap looks tight, and Brian's free-balling his in the build doc's, so it seems there are many ways to Worm!

Hey, has anybody got a current vendor for the 9203 photocells?
*I've got to come clean, the three pictured earlier are only place-holders for now.
Jameco has them. I picked up some while getting other stuff. I had some from smallbear and jameco. Not sure what I used but they all sound the same to me.

Sent from my Pixel 5 using Tapatalk

Who the hell is Bucky?

dawson

Quote from: Thewintersoldier on April 07, 2022, 05:35:00 PM

Jameco has them. I picked up some while getting other stuff. I had some from smallbear and jameco. Not sure what I used but they all sound the same to me.

Ah, cool thanks... I'd forgotten about that place...

Me, searching Jameco for a single other thing I might need:

Thewintersoldier

Quote from: dawson on April 08, 2022, 11:42:52 AM

I bought a bunch of ICs. Lm13700 TH are EOL. They are cheapest there. I bought some other odd parts for some upcoming builds as well.
Who the hell is Bucky?

Bio77

Quote from: Thewintersoldier on April 08, 2022, 02:20:35 PM
Quote from: dawson on April 08, 2022, 11:42:52 AM

I bought a bunch of ICs. Lm13700 TH are EOL. They are cheapest there. I bought some other odd parts for some upcoming builds as well.
That's a good tip!  I have to get some 9203s, too. 

I'd be curious to hear differences between the light shield and individually wrapped. The light shield would have some bleed over between the LDRs that would be absent from the wrapped.