News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

Line6 DL4 Mark II

Started by culturejam, March 22, 2022, 08:09:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

culturejam

Looks pretty rad. https://shop.line6.com/dl4-mkii.html

The DL4 MkII honors that legacy by including every one of those original sounds and features, and retaining the same knob and footswitch layout, so there's no need for DL4 users to learn any new moves—but the DL4 MkII also introduces many new sounds and features that bring it fully into the 21st century. The 15 MkII delays were drawn from our HXTM family of amp and effects processors and include Line 6 originals such as Harmony Delay, Pitch Echo, Euclidian Delay, Glitch Delay and ADT tape delay, as well as 4-Switch and 1-Switch loopers with up to 240 seconds of record time, expandable to several hours using an optional microSD card.

The DL4 MkII also features an XLR dynamic microphone input for vocal processing and looping; MIDI capabilities such as real time parameter control and preset selection (up to 128) via its MIDI In and Out/Thru DIN connectors; four heavy duty footswitches with colored halo rings; and switchable true, buffered, or DSP bypass. There's also a jack for connecting an optional expression pedal (automatically assigned to the Delay Time, Repeat, Tweak, Tweez, or Mix controls) or two assignable external footswitches.

Finally, although the DL4 MkII does everything that the original DL4 does (other than run on batteries), plus so much more, it is considerably smaller and lighter, making it an even more appealing choice for modern musicians of all types.

Identical knob and footswitch layout as the original DL4
30 Delay options: 15 new MkII plus 15 Legacy DL4
2 Loopers—mono/stereo and pre/post signal path options
Up to 240 seconds of looping time, or several hours with optional microSD card
XLR dynamic microphone input for vocal processing and looping
MIDI In, Out/Thru DIN connectors—receives PC and CC messages
128 Presets via MIDI, with footswitch control of up to six
Switchable true, buffered, or DSP bypass
Input for optional expression pedal or two additional footswitches
Partner and Product Developer at Function f(x).
My Personal Site with Effects Projects

Muadzin

Delays and dsp pedals in particular were always the last pedal I'd power with a battery, so that's no issue for me. I get the idea they fixed one of the biggest drawbacks of the DL-4, it needing a special power supply. If you can power it with a normal 9v cable from a normal power supply that would be a HUGE plus. And I reckon that with 128 presets via MIDI, plus new delays, this version might be the one that sees the retirement of the rarer then gold Echo Pro rackmounts. Too bad you can't access those 128 presets via normal footswitch controls. But I suspect that if you want those then HX Stomp is probably more your thing.

In a way this is testimony that the original DL-4, together with the Echo Park, were really good bang for the buck delay pedals. I don't think the DM-4, FM-4 and MM-4 pedals will get this upgrade.

jkokura

My first Delay was a Boss DD3, but my second was the Line 6 DL4. What a beast that was! I barely even tipped the scales on what that baby could do for me back in 2001!

Nice to see it get an upgrade.

Jacob
JMK Pedals - Custom Pedal Creations
JMK PCBs *New Website*
pedal company - youtube - facebook - Used Pedals