News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

newer Yodeler files

Started by madbean, May 04, 2022, 06:36:42 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

madbean

Does anyone have the build documentation for the newer Yodeler (with the SPS switching system)? I'm trying to reconstruct the schematic from the older version design files and there a couple spots I'm not sure about.

benny_profane

madbean

jjjimi84

I was just going to email you about bringing this project live. I have been emailed by a few people from watching my video about where to get a board. I am excited if this is a real thing.

madbean

Quote from: jjjimi84 on May 04, 2022, 08:17:53 AM
I was just going to email you about bringing this project live. I have been emailed by a few people from watching my video about where to get a board. I am excited if this is a real thing.

I'm interested in re-designing the v1 for an easier build.

Aentons

Quote from: madbean on May 04, 2022, 09:39:11 AM
Quote from: jjjimi84 on May 04, 2022, 08:17:53 AM

I'm interested in re-designing the v1 for an easier build.
There is also a "Yodeler Switch" version that may be a little easier. It makes the internal switch external

Aentons

I glanced at the external switch version schematic again and I forgot that it has a dual gang pot. That might be a no-go for some.

I built the regular version already but I'd prob build another switch version and use this dual concentric pot rather than a dual gang. I think its the same one Peter uses on some of the other pedals new SPS versions

https://smallbear-electronics.mybigcommerce.com/alpha-dual-gang-9mm-pc-mount-dual-concentric/

madbean

Quote from: Aentons on May 04, 2022, 03:46:13 PM
I glanced at the external switch version schematic again and I forgot that it has a dual gang pot. That might be a no-go for some.

I built the regular version already but I'd prob build another switch version and use this dual concentric pot rather than a dual gang. I think its the same one Peter uses on some of the other pedals new SPS versions

https://smallbear-electronics.mybigcommerce.com/alpha-dual-gang-9mm-pc-mount-dual-concentric/

I decided to go a different way with it. This combines elements of v1 and the SPS with a couple small alterations from me. I've also plut in hookup pads if you want to add LFO or envelope based modulation. Switch is for delay/reverb in series or parallel. It's still a busy build but not nearly as complex as the v1 VFE PCB. Anyone should be able to build this version.

jjjimi84

The Windbag! Man I love this and all in a 125B

jimilee

Quote from: madbean on May 04, 2022, 04:37:34 PM
Quote from: Aentons on May 04, 2022, 03:46:13 PM

I decided to go a different way with it. This combines elements of v1 and the SPS with a couple small alterations from me. I've also plut in hookup pads if you want to add LFO or envelope based modulation. Switch is for delay/reverb in series or parallel. It's still a busy build but not nearly as complex as the v1 VFE PCB. Anyone should be able to build this version.
What is IC3 comprised of?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Pedal building is like the opposite of sex.  All the fun stuff happens before you get in the box.

madbean

Quote from: jimilee on May 05, 2022, 07:11:05 AM

That's the BTDR-3. So it will go over the top of the momentary switch. I'll include instructions on socketing the brick for those who want that option.

jimilee

Quote from: madbean on May 05, 2022, 07:17:03 AM
Quote from: jimilee on May 05, 2022, 07:11:05 AM

That's the BTDR-3. So it will go over the top of the momentary switch. I'll include instructions on socketing the brick for those who want that option.
Ohhhh right. I should have caught that.

Pedal building is like the opposite of sex.  All the fun stuff happens before you get in the box.

Bio77

That's a really clever placement of the BTDR  8)  This looks exciting!

madbean

I had some extra time and I was able to verify the Windbag design. Worked perfectly right out the gate. There are a few adjustments I need to make to the layout but otherwise this one should be ready for release probably in June.

I'm going to look into sourcing some of the VFE relays and see if I can at least offer them with this project.