News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

Series switch confusion

Started by storyboardist, May 12, 2022, 10:47:53 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

storyboardist

So I've been trying to figure out the switching scheme that was used on the original Way Huge Camel Toe. The CT is a 2-in-1 (Red Llama + Green Rhino), but the bypass switching is a little squirrelly. One footswitch turns it on with the other selecting between the two circuits, similar to the EQD Grey Channel. However, there's a toggle switch labeled "series" that makes it so the first footswitch turns on the Rhino side, with the second footswitch turning on/off the Llama side (Rhino into Llama). The new version does this switching electronically, but the original from the late 90s did it with 2, 3PDTs, a DPDT toggle, and a DPDT relay. Here's some gut shots:

Here's the schematic I worked up, but I haven't been able to get it to work. Was hoping a second+ pair of eyes over it might help. All the switches makes my head hurt after about 3 minutes. lol

If anyone has any input or is just a wizard at switching, any input would be appreciated.

Guy behind Effects Layouts

jimilee

I've been wondering this too, I have a PCB of the gray channel.

So, the channel switching stomp has input a and input b. Lugs 1 and 3 on your site. If you put a switch to connect those to together. That would work, but, if I'm thinking right, that would be parallel and not series though, wouldn't it? Hmmm
Pedal building is like the opposite of sex.  All the fun stuff happens before you get in the box.

mauman

This will work, although I don't know if it's the same as the original.  It does work the same.   The "Series" toggle puts Side 1 > Side 2 and converts the Side Select switch to a Side 2 Active/Bypass switch.

storyboardist

Thanks so much! Much easier with 3, 3PDTS than the extra relay non-sense. Appreciate it!
Guy behind Effects Layouts