News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

Jmk test rig V2

Started by Thewintersoldier, May 14, 2022, 05:30:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Thewintersoldier

While I have been busy with work/home/and other aspects of guitar I found time the past couple days to put this together. While a test rig may not have the sex appeal of a fuzz or delay, a solid test rig is a necessity and a mainstay on my bench and my most used pedal. This is my test rig V2 as V1 was cramped and the layout has not worked perfectly for me the last 4 years so I wanted to make improvements on this one. In a 1590XX I have room for the bypass to be a stomp switch for testing on my amp. Everything you could ever want: oscillator, headphone jack, audio probe, voltage selector and added side DC jack for powering my looper pedal off one power supply when I'm calibrating something like an analog delay or other BBD pedals. Ready for the next build, make sure you rock it before you box it.

Sent from my Pixel 5 using Tapatalk

Who the hell is Bucky?

BryGuy

Dig this a lot actually. Need to do something like this some day.

blackhatboojum

As I said elsewhere, this is bad ass.  I definitely need to build something like this to consolidate a lot of the shit on my workbench.
The kind of guy who sticks a fork in his Dr. Pepper... If you know what I mean.

Paradox916

This thing is awesome! definitely on the to do list, 

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Bio77

That looks super cool, Chris.  It does have everything!

nzCdog

Theyre really neat, I have a V1.  Your build looks great!  :)

jjjimi84

This is mic drop level cool

dawson

Quote from: Thewintersoldier on May 14, 2022, 05:30:09 PM
..While a test rig may not have the sex appeal of a fuzz or delay..

I don'no man.. these images have got me feeling quite primal over here..

That layout looks like it'll be very comfortable to work with!
Criticism is encouraged: constructive, or otherwise.

lego4040

Waiting for my board to arrive, ordered last Thursday but I haven't been updated with a shipping information yet. 🤔 I'll have to reach out, was hoping to start this weekend. That's is an awesome enclosure there and build

sgtrutters

I'd like some more info on those probes you've got there!    :D

jimilee

I love it. Mine is also a mainstay on my bench
Pedal building is like the opposite of sex.  All the fun stuff happens before you get in the box.