News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

Replacing 4PDT & SPDT switching with microcontroller (?)

Started by Spacecommandant, June 15, 2022, 12:58:53 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Spacecommandant

I'm looking for for a solution to popping that's occurring with a 4PDT and SPDT in a circuit by potentially utilizing a microcontroller. I've read that they can be programmed to briefly mute the signal as they switch, which can eliminate popping. It's something I'd eventually love to learn how to program and implement myself but in the mean time, does anybody know of anyone with this knowledge/experience that could provide this service?

gordo

I'm not sure about 4pdt but the Softie projects here can easily do 3pdt (and backwards compatible to Spdt).  Do you have a specific example you're looking at.  The fact that you're having popping issues would be worth a deep dive.
Gordy Power
How loud is too loud?  What?

Bio77

The relay switching available from Mad Bean are DPDT (the LED is handled directly by the microcontroller).  I have used two Softies with one foot switch to turn on two separate PCBs at the same time.  So, you can take a look at the wiring of the DPDT relay in the build documents to see if it is possible to do what you want with two Softies.  I believe there is some sort of switch silencing in the Softie, but double check the documents. 

To learn about programing your own, check out CODA relay bypass.  He as published the code and steps for burning the hex code to a microcontroller.  You have to design a PCB for this too, though. 

Spacecommandant