News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

bloviator emergency!

Started by 9Lives, December 23, 2011, 10:14:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

9Lives

ok so I had to remove C2 and completly FKD it up. All soldering pads lifted... Can I tie it to R1 or R2 and PIN 2 of IC 1?? Also is TL082 instead of TL072? If so does it make any difference at all.. I really hope I didn't FK up this board.

jkokura

You can rescue it if the pads have lifted, and it sounds like you're on the right track. I haven't double checked against the schematic, but essentially you need to make sure that the parts connect as the schematic indicates. Use jumpers and solder to make it all connect right. Sucks though, don't it?

yes you can use a TL082 instead of a TL072. I recommend the 72 though.

jacob
JMK Pedals - Custom Pedal Creations
JMK PCBs *New Website*
pedal company - youtube - facebook - Used Pedals

9Lives

yea it sucks man. That ruined my day.. So as long as the trace connects to the same pad I can tie the leads together?? As for 82/72? Is the 72 crunchier or??

Haberdasher

No not crunchier, more like cleaner & quieter.

The 082 should be fine.  The pedal will definitely work with it in there.  Just use a socket and change it out to a 072 later if you think it's too noisy.
Looking for a discontinued madbean board?  Check out my THREAD

FABBED PCB's FOR SALE:
Now carrying Matched JFETS

9Lives

is that why my egodriver sounds so muffled? It's got the 082 in it. On my vox amp it's badass, on my super clean kustom it sounds horrible.. Any way? As long as I tie the legs on to another leg on the same trace it will work fine correct?

Haberdasher

It looks like you could solder one leg of c2 to pin 3 of IC1 and the other leg to the side of r1 closest to the outside of the board (left).  At least that's what it looks like to me.  If you're using a socket for the ic I would remove the ic and solder to the socket so you don't overheat your chip.  You might think about soldering c2 to the underside of the board if it's more practical.  Then after your solder sets you can bend it over parallel to the circuit board.

No the egodriver is supposed to have kind of a dirty chip so the 082 is appropriate there.  I've noticed my egodriver sounds better on british tube amps than american flavors.  I don't know much about Kustom amps though....

FABBED PCB's FOR SALE:

cjkbug

the 72 is the "lower noise" specification of that opamp
I got blisters on my fingers!!!

9Lives

ok sounds good. Do me a favor and look at R2 for me. Just bc I have not inserted that yet so it'd be easier and it looks like a leg of C2, R1, and R2 and on the same trace to me. Just back me up. I'm double checking myself.

Haberdasher

well, I said r1 because it's more in the vicinity of c2.  you can go to r2 but in that case you should run an insulated wire from your cap to it.  Also, notice that one side of r2 goes to ground so it might be wise to keep c2 on the other side, the top or north end of r2.  peep at the schematic and layout & you'll see what I mean.

FABBED PCB's FOR SALE:

9Lives

ok ya I see what you mean. I'm kind noid to de-solder on the board for some reason. C2 pads came off in one suck of my pump. Couldve been a fluke but I going to put the cap through the wholes and solder one leg to the IC socket and an insulated wire to the side of R2 not going to the ground and cross my fingers. Man.. I hate it when it doesn't go smooth. Hey I noticed your sig o selling the older projects. I'm definitely intrested and I'm NOT gonna ask for a sunking lol. Even though secretly my fingers are crossed for Bean to make some more bc I started building after it was discontinued and it looks fun/challanging. Anyway you etch the boards your self?

Haberdasher

I think running the wire like that should work fine.

Yeah, the Sunkings are off limits for me, lol.  Brian has something coming up called the Kingslayer that you'll be interested in though.  ;)

On the other thing- yep I etch them myself.  Sure do.  Just holla if you're interested.

FABBED PCB's FOR SALE:

9Lives

thanks for the heads up. I saw that on the project list. Mystery project?? I was gonna get it anyway but now I know lol. I hope I get one before he sells out.