News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

EagleCAD PCB design video

Started by madbean, July 22, 2022, 06:07:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

madbean

This is not instructional. Just a screen capture of a design session. Nothing was pre-planned here. I just hit record and "improvised" (same with the music).

[youtube width=720]PLl_dQQleKc[/youtube]

jimilee

Very nice sir. Asymmetrical tube screamer? I gotta watch that a dozen more times to see  your tricks. The out lines and the curvy edges.
Pedal building is like the opposite of sex.  All the fun stuff happens before you get in the box.

culturejam

Awesome!

Is that you playing the music?
Partner and Product Developer at Function f(x).
My Personal Site with Effects Projects

benny_profane

Very cool! Thank you for sharing!

madbean

Quote from: culturejam on July 22, 2022, 07:28:20 PM
Awesome!

Is that you playing the music?

Yeah, I just plugged in and hit record. I went through the Iridium then added the Valhalla Supermassive VST in Reaper.

diablochris6

Very cool. It would be cooler if you were working on Eagle AND playing guitar at the same time!
Build guides of my original designs and modifications here

jessenator

Wonderful! I saw a new video from your channel pop up on my YT subscriptions and got excited. Then got even MORE excited when it was an Eagle video :D

Also, TIL you put enclosure, jacks, etc drawings in the Madbean Eagle library   :|  serves me right for not exploring it more, but I'm incredibly glad they're there!

jkokura

I should do this sometime. I would have to get permission from one of my clients, or just do one for a basic circuit I'm doing. It's pretty informative for people that are learning.

Jacob
JMK Pedals - Custom Pedal Creations
JMK PCBs *New Website*
pedal company - youtube - facebook - Used Pedals

jimilee

Ok, the rounded corners. I can't figure that one out. The video isn't sharp enough. Tips tricks?
Pedal building is like the opposite of sex.  All the fun stuff happens before you get in the box.

jkokura

Quote from: jimilee on July 25, 2022, 04:51:30 PM
Ok, the rounded corners. I can't figure that one out. The video isn't sharp enough. Tips tricks?

I think the way Brian does that is not the most efficient way. There is a tool in the menu that does it much faster and easier. I'll try and record a video and show it, but that likely won't happen till September.

Jacob
JMK Pedals - Custom Pedal Creations
JMK PCBs *New Website*
pedal company - youtube - facebook - Used Pedals

madbean

Quote from: jkokura on July 26, 2022, 08:45:22 AM
I think the way Brian does that is not the most efficient way. There is a tool in the menu that does it much faster and easier. I'll try and record a video and show it, but that likely won't happen till September.

Jacob

Probably not! But, it works.

Here's a gif of just doing rounded corners.

jimilee

Quote from: madbean on July 26, 2022, 09:32:52 AM

Jacob

Which tool gives you the arc options at the top. I can't see it in gif with these old eyes.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

madbean

Quote from: jimilee on July 26, 2022, 10:44:43 AM

Jacob

Which tool gives you the arc options at the top. I can't see it in gif with these old eyes.

You just have to pick the Split tool from the left-most toolbar, then change the style to the bent one in the top left toolbar.

benny_profane

Brian, are you planning on releasing an updated library since you reworked many part footprints? I'm particularly interested in the off-board components too (the clearance indicators are really handy!).

jimilee

Quote from: madbean on July 26, 2022, 12:02:11 PM
Quote from: jimilee on July 26, 2022, 10:44:43 AM

Jacob

You just have to pick the Split tool from the left-most toolbar, then change the style to the bent one in the top left toolbar.
Ah, thank you sir.