News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

PPCB Hydra and Spatialist

Started by Paradox916, July 31, 2022, 05:15:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Paradox916

So this was something I have been meaning to get around to for a while, sooo many issues I ran into, broken wires, tight fit, ideas that flat out didn't work, but I sorted everything out on the fly and it turned out good enough. I could go back and change a few things but I'm l kind of over messing with this one.

With the order switch the LEDs change color indicating what is first in the chain (blue first red second) so I could utilize the internal modulation algorithms on the Fv-1 of the spatialist, (I like modulation before delay) they are useable but not really anything that gets me excited. The oscillation mod on a 3pdt momentary through a dual gang 50k trimmed down to 25k (a 5k or 10k would have been the way to go) controls the speed and swell of the Hydra, you really need to have 2 heads running for it to ramp up nicely , a little noisy on engagement but the release is pretty epic... cool circuits , a lot of work to put them in one enclosure like this. Probably won't do that again. Didn't really turn out how I was wanting but not bad, soooo many knobs and switches so I dubbed it the Esotera. Umm yeah I'm even over writing about it.. but it's cool I'll keep it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Bio77

Super nice build!  The pics are great too.  8)

zombie_rock123

Maaaan those graphics are killer!  8)
I sometimes label builds rockwright
https://www.instagram.com/rockwrightfx/

cooder

Excellent, certainly a lot of fiddly stuff to get this going! Lots of tweakability there in spades.
Great looks to boot, very nice!
I think the Hydra is a super delay, dig it.
BigNoise Amplification

Paradox916

Thanks guys! [mention]cooder [/mention] at fist I wasn't digging it trying to get a normal kind of delay sound. But after playing with it a bit I like it more... I definitely prefer it with cleaner type tones.

jimilee

Jesus Christ, that's tight all the way around.
Pedal building is like the opposite of sex.  All the fun stuff happens before you get in the box.

Paradox916

Quote from: jimilee on July 31, 2022, 09:32:17 PM
Not going to lie this build was a pain, I don't think I will do something like this again unless I got build docs, a schematic, and know [emoji817] I like the effects

Paradox916

Not going to lie this build was a pain, I don't think I will do something like this again unless I got build docs, a schematic, and know [emoji817] I like the effects

Paradox916

BryGuy

gordo

Holy crap that's off the charts inside and out.  Killer graphics and that workmanship is stellar.
Gordy Power
How loud is too loud?  What?

Thewintersoldier

Who the hell is Bucky?

blackhatboojum

The kind of guy who sticks a fork in his Dr. Pepper... If you know what I mean.

Aleph Null

Looks really good! Did you use solid-core hookup wire?

Paradox916

Quote from: Aleph Null on August 01, 2022, 04:29:32 PM
Looks really good! Did you use solid-core hookup wire?
Thank you, I did.  I would have lost my mind trying to do that with stranded wire