News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

2 footswitches, 1 pedal

Started by Guybrush, September 11, 2022, 04:12:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Guybrush

Hi all

On my my pedalboard I have a multi effects that I use for a few rarely-used effects that don't warrant spots of their own on the board.

The problem is its noisy when turned off so I'm going to build a bypass loop pedal for it.

Question - Is it possible to build a loop pedal with two footswitches? One latching, one momentay.

Is anyone aware of a project or layout for something like this?

Thanks as always.

jimilee

Quote from: Guybrush on September 11, 2022, 04:12:36 PM
Hi all

On my my pedalboard I have a multi effects that I use for a few rarely-used effects that don't warrant spots of their own on the board.

The problem is its noisy when turned off so I'm going to build a bypass loop pedal for it.

Question - Is it possible to build a loop pedal with two footswitches? One latching, one momentay.

Is anyone aware of a project or layout for something like this?

Thanks as always.
I do t know of one, but I've been running this around in my head. If you  use run a jumper from the effect return to the out lug on a momentary, it should work. So, for example, a momentary connected to lug 7 and lug 8 on your stomp switch.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Pedal building is like the opposite of sex.  All the fun stuff happens before you get in the box.

Guybrush

Well that sounds sounds simple enough to try.

Nothing ventured, nothing gained and all that!

Cheers, I'll give it a shot and report back

jimilee

Quote from: Guybrush on September 11, 2022, 06:24:14 PM
Well that sounds sounds simple enough to try.

Nothing ventured, nothing gained and all that!

Cheers, I'll give it a shot and report back
Oh you would also need to do the same with lugs 4 and 5 using the same momentary Dpdt. I just thought about it some more.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Pedal building is like the opposite of sex.  All the fun stuff happens before you get in the box.

Guybrush

Reading this again, I'm not as clear on it as I thought I was.

Is there any way you'd be able to draw up a basic sketch?

Please and thank you!