News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

Nom Nom phaser

Started by blackhatboojum, October 12, 2022, 06:13:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

blackhatboojum

Edit:  No audio or video demo for this build.  I'm an idiot and posted in the wrong build report section  ::).

For this build report, I don't have an epic story like I did with my last flanger build.  Like the Boss BF-2 though, the phase 90 is another boomerang effect for me.  It just keeps coming back around and ending up on my pedalboard.  This one is actually my 4th phaser build and the 3rd of the phase 90 variety.  Out of all 3 phase 90 clones I've assembled, this one is my favorite.  The noise floor is much lower, especially when engaging the feedback switch.  My other 2 introduce some pretty gnarly hiss and white noise in front of a distorted amp with feedback engaged.  I don't have much else to say other than it was a pretty straightforward and easy build.  Instead of 2N5457s I used a matched quad of 2N5952s for the JFETs (Special shout out to @thewintersoldier for hooking me up with those) and some JRC 4558s instead of TL072s for the op amps.  Everything else is to the build docs with no modifications.  Being a phase 90, I had to go with the classic orange enclosure and with a pcb named Nom Nom... I had to go with something goofy for the graphics.  The weird little guy on my enclose is from a .gif that @Paradox916 likes to post in a group chat I'm a part of.  That shit makes me laugh every time I see it so, I had to use it.

The kind of guy who sticks a fork in his Dr. Pepper... If you know what I mean.

jimilee

Nice! I normally play an OTA phaser, and every time I come back to this one, it sounds so much more lush.
Pedal building is like the opposite of sex.  All the fun stuff happens before you get in the box.

harryklippton

Looks good Clinton. I love that stupid gif 😂

jjjimi84

looks great! Really well done.

zombie_rock123

Loving the artwork and the pot names make it!  ;D
I sometimes label builds rockwright
https://www.instagram.com/rockwrightfx/

gordo

I like the three teef's.  Great build as always!
Gordy Power
How loud is too loud?  What?

Bio77

Great build!  I dig this circuit, so simple, but sounds so good.

Thewintersoldier

Man that gif gets me every time Rob uses it, probably because the food sucks around him so much he lives vicariously through us lol. Glad the set of jfets I sent worked and it sounds good. Another solid build.

Sent from my Pixel 5 using Tapatalk

Who the hell is Bucky?