News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

MBP WigL Treble Adjustment/Brighten?

Started by Fatknuckle, November 02, 2022, 11:44:38 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Fatknuckle

I completed a tagboard build of the MBP WigL, from the tagboard effects site.  Works really nice, gets very juicy and throbby if desired.  Once I boxed it up, it seems the tone is very bassy, like the treble is rolled off.  I did not make any parts substitutes, am using 5539 LDRs and a waterclear red LED.  The 3mm diffused reds are isolated from providing additional light.  Wondering if there is a cap or resistor I could change the value of to brighten the overall tone up?  Unity gain is spot-on.
https://tagboardeffects.blogspot.com/search?q=wigl

Aleph Null

The only capacitors that would make a tonal difference are C2 and C3 which are connected to the LDRs, you could socket those capacitors and experiment with values. What seems more like is that one of the LDRs isn't close enough the LED and the lack of light is minimizing the change in resistance. Can you reposition the LDRs so that the are right in front of the LED?

Fatknuckle

I socketed C1 to try different values.  That didn't do much.  Had to cover the two LEDs on the board and indicators also, as they were introducing light into the box.  The heads of each LDR are on the top end of the LED and both pointing straight down into the LED.  May look at those other caps.