News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

Honeydripper with mods

Started by DGWVI, December 29, 2022, 10:57:17 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

DGWVI

Stock it's a great circuit, though it does have its limitations which I've tried to mitigate with a handful of mods. There are some other things I'd like to try, but I want to wait until I can get my hands on a few more PCBs before experimenting any further, so I can compare and contrast.

So, the mods I've done are
R1 (100K) replaced with a 1M trimmer have it set for 1M in the vid. This is to increase input impedance, and while subtle I do enjoy it

R5- has been increased to 270k for more input gain

R6 has been increased from 4.7k to 270k to give it more zippiness (according to Mark Hammer, though he suggests 220k). Definitely gives it a little something extra

(Ignore)R9- has been replaced with a 250kB pot, I'm calling this balance, as it adjusts the amount of signal going into the lower tuned filter. Highly interactive with the sweep pot, also effects decay time a bit

R18 is 2.2k because that's what I grabbed

R44 (4.7k) has been added between pin 1 of the Sweep pot and ground to limit the signal dumped to ground and increase the usable range

Sweep pot has been changed to Anti-log taper from linear. Value remains 10k

C1 has been increased to 27n to allow more into the circuit

C2 has been decreased to 1n to raise the cutoff of the clipping circuit

D3 & D4 have been changed to BAT46 for a bit more sensitivity

IC1 is LM1458, though TL072 works great here as well

IC2 & IC3 are currently TL974, though I'm still experimenting with those. The 974 seems a bit dirtier than the 324

I'm really hoping this one makes it back to the shop, as it's a wonderful alternative in the world of envelope filters

Edit - Edit- I copy and pasted from my notes app, and didn't catch it. R9- is stock. R22 has been swapped for a pot to effect the gain of the first peak detector. Guess I'll need to relabel that pot

DGWVI

Meant to post this is the main build reports sub forum, could an admin please move it?

jimilee

Quote from: DGWVI on December 29, 2022, 11:01:58 AM
Meant to post this is the main build reports sub forum, could an admin please move it?
OR you could post a demo of this awesome machine!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Pedal building is like the opposite of sex.  All the fun stuff happens before you get in the box.

DGWVI

Quote from: jimilee on December 29, 2022, 11:33:38 AM
Quote from: DGWVI on December 29, 2022, 11:01:58 AM
OR you could post a demo of this awesome machine!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It's in the other thread ;D ;D