News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

end of an era (kinda)

Started by jessenator, January 10, 2023, 01:49:19 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

jessenator

I've started building a Killer Rat, board built by jimilee, and sitting on the bench was the last remnants of the last bit of RadioShack stuff in my collection. Got a little melancholic...

Also amazed how much a replacement spool of 0.06 diameter stuff is. But no, definitely not using that on this board! I inherited a spool of Kester 0.02 that's somehow survived—long story, but it involved never finding the actual end of the line, but had a medusa like appearance, cut strands everywhere...

It's better days are now ahead of it!

EBK

I still have a bit of Radio Shack wire and desoldering braid.  I possibly have some parts still in their packaging if I look hard enough.  Will report back for nostalgia sake. 
"There is a pestilence upon this land. Nothing is sacred. Even those who arrange and design shrubberies are under considerable economic stress in this period in history." --Roger the Shrubber

thesmokingman

once upon a time I was Tornado Alley FX

jessenator

Now my melancholy seems disingenuous : P

Well that's neat. Actually, I'll see if I can find it again, but in looking for cheapo meters I saw one that was using the RS font, which have me an odd feeling.

jessenator

madbean

jessenator

harryklippton

peAk

jessenator

Quote from: peAk on January 12, 2023, 09:13:06 PM
well, I would have to argue that this is the best thing Radio Shack ever sold  8)
https://reverb.com/item/63373234-moog-realistic-concertmate-mg-1-1981

I wanted an MG-1 so badly... best I could do was a Jen SX-1000, but it was lacking that   R e a l i s t i c  logo.

Quote from: harryklippton on January 12, 2023, 05:05:11 AM
Does this count?

That's a fine vintage right there