News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

Dirtbag deluxe and Tonebender proto.

Started by JakeFuzz, December 31, 2011, 09:33:56 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

JakeFuzz

A few HD vids. You can see ive been kicked out of the house to the garage. Videos are all first takes, i had about a 30 minute window to get this all done. hope you like them!

badgerific

Comfort Player

Great demos, thanks for posting those. I have a Carbon Copy also and was wondering how the two delays would compare.
Silence..... I Keeeeeel youuuuuu....

JakeFuzz

Quote from: Comfort Player on December 31, 2011, 12:57:48 PM
Great demos, thanks for posting those. I have a Carbon Copy also and was wondering how the two delays would compare.

The carbon copy is much grainier. It is also darker than the dmm. The dirtbag is more spacious and lush sounding. I don't really know how or why but I just tend to get more open sounds out of it. I still really like the carbon copy for the lower fi, dirty tape sort of sounds and of course for those huge longer delay sounds. The repeats on the dmm also sound punchy like a really clean tube amp with the volume up.

dwstanford

Awesome demos.  I dig the tonebender.  MKI's are really cool.  They're completely unpredictable. 

jtn191

yeah both videos were great. The DMM really motivates me to wanna build one.
Can somebody school me on Tonebenders? I've heard lots of good things about MKIIIs I think...do they get more "refined" as they progress?

Haberdasher

The DBag sounds quite lush. You've given me the GAS to build mine now I think, so thanks for the nice demo!
Looking for a discontinued madbean board?  Check out my THREAD

FABBED PCB's FOR SALE:
Now carrying Matched JFETS

dwstanford

Quote from: jtn191 on January 01, 2012, 06:01:34 AM
Can somebody school me on Tonebenders? I've heard lots of good things about MKIIIs I think...do they get more "refined" as they progress?

They didnt really get more refined as they progressed, they mainly got easier to mass produce.  The mkIII is definitely an easier one to bias than the previous versions and has a tighter bassier sound.  There are also a shit ton of different variations over the years.

Gary hurst mk1
Sola sound mk1
Sola mk1.5
Sola mkII professional
Vox tonebender
MkIII
MkIV
Colorsound supa tonebender
Colorsound jumbo tonebender
And a few others.

enjoyadrian

dirtbag sounds good. Hope more go for sale soon.

matticus

Sounds awesome. Maybe one day I'll be able to build something like the Dirtbag Deluxe.

bigmufffuzzwizz

Owner and operator of Magic Pedals

JakeFuzz

Quote from: bigmufffuzzwizz on January 04, 2012, 11:43:22 AM
Sounds soo good! Must come see!

Ill let you know when I am done working on it. I was just in V-Beach actually; picked up a V847 for 20 bucks! Getting ready for the Bean wah.  8)

dwstanford

Quote from: JakeFuzz on January 04, 2012, 09:37:42 PM
I was just in V-Beach actually; picked up a V847 for 20 bucks!

I bought one off ebay recently for $25 that was supposedly broken, but it turns out the only problem was that the battery was dead.  Not kidding.  It's one of the older ones without the dc jack or true bypass.  Good candidate for the weener wah.

JakeFuzz

Quote from: dwstanford on January 05, 2012, 07:38:12 AM
Quote from: JakeFuzz on January 04, 2012, 09:37:42 PM
I was just in V-Beach actually; picked up a V847 for 20 bucks!

I bought one off ebay recently for $25 that was supposedly broken, but it turns out the only problem was that the battery was dead.  Not kidding.  It's one of the older ones without the dc jack or true bypass.  Good candidate for the weener wah.

Haha that is awesome! They probably noticed there was no battery access door like the crybaby and confused themselves. I took mine apart last night I am going to drill a DC jack hole and send it off to get powdercoated some funky color!

jcuempire

Wow.  I love the tonebender.  Good videos