News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

Batwing Autofilter Question and Mod?

Started by Pish, March 30, 2023, 08:13:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Pish

Hey!
I was looking through the projects and I found the Batwing very interesting. I'm just a builder but trying to expand a bit. But also keep finding little guitar/synthy niche areas that don't seem to get much coverage (or at least I can find on the net)

Obviously Autowahs a split circuit. In the Batwing it clearly shows where the Envelope Follower outputs CV and the Filter requires CV in to operate.
1) Does it need anything more to send the CV out to something else other than a Switched jack?

2) What voltage is this outputting? (Asking 1&2 as I have a couple of Filters in pedal for which have CV in but are static otherwise...also I have a EXH Pitchfork ((Kinda like a Digitech Whammy)) that can accept Expression or CV 0-5V and thought that would be crazy to do maybe 🤣)

3) Similar to the previous questions could you add a switch jack in for the Filter CV? And or would it need extra circuitry? As after thinking about 1/2 it made me think about Tappy controlling the filter while the Follower sent CV to a Modified Tappy Depth 🚀🚀🚀

4) Am I right that you could split the circuit before the Sensitivity pot so that you can put dry signal in there, and distorted in through the normal input?
Or would you have to copy the circuitry before it/or this all completely off? (Why? so filter follows clean dynamics while effecting distorted signal)

Cheers for the good work. Don't worry that's all of these I think, no more mega question threads from me now🤣🤣

https://www.madbeanpedals.com/projects/_folders/FilterMod/schematics/Batwing.gif