News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

Destiny Behemoth Part One

Started by jjjimi84, April 03, 2023, 09:03:46 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

jjjimi84

Today is a day that will live in infamy... Most likely not but I have been dying to present this to everyone here. This is the Destiny Behemoth! This is my practice rig, my travel rig, my recording rig, my testing rig, my all in one love letter to the DIY community. I truly love this thing and am really hoping people dig the video. Now about the video, I recently learned how to make transparent images and splice them into my video and I am 39 today but still 13 at heart. I also have a nine year old that loves it any time I say the word nuts or balls, last Wednesday he was home from school and was with me when I filmed it which is why there is some input from the peaNUT gallery.

On to Destiny Behemoth!

Also I am going to put this up for Auction for the Autism Awareness challenge. I am hoping I am not too late but time management has never been my personal strong suit.

https://youtu.be/2XzZBmMyBtU

jessenator

This is one beastly beast! Fantastic work. Definitely saving this one for later once I nail down what I want in a single board, because I love it, the Schmorg, and the other wonderful DIY all-encompassing boxes the members here produce. Just great stuff, man!

jimilee

Daaaaaaaaaaaammmnnnn you win teh intertubz for today. That's very creative, man. Seems like you thought of everything.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Pedal building is like the opposite of sex.  All the fun stuff happens before you get in the box.

jjjimi84

Thanks guys! It is such a cool unit and really about the best thing I have come up with, this was going to get entered into a BOTY contest but I never got around to finishing it in time..

Aleph Null

I'm always inspired to try a multi build myself when I see these sorts of posts, but then I remember I can barely decide what to put in a double pedal.

The build looks great. The 9V taps and effects loops are really smart!

jessenator

Quote from: jjjimi84 on April 03, 2023, 11:29:56 AM
this was going to get entered into a BOTY contest but I never got around to finishing it in time..

me when I have to go up against this in December:

jjjimi84

Quote from: Aleph Null on April 03, 2023, 11:38:17 AM
I'm always inspired to try a multi build myself when I see these sorts of posts, but then I remember I can barely decide what to put in a double pedal.

The build looks great. The 9V taps and effects loops are really smart!

That is very much me also, it just so happens that three of those pedals I was always using and thought "ehh let's get weird".

Quote from: jessenator on April 03, 2023, 12:33:59 PM
Quote from: jjjimi84 on April 03, 2023, 11:29:56 AM
this was going to get entered into a BOTY contest but I never got around to finishing it in time..

me when I have to go up against this in December:

This will not be my BOTY entry but I am thinking part two will be......

Bio77

Quote from: jjjimi84 on April 03, 2023, 02:18:58 PM
Oh snap, we're supposed to start now  :o

Killer build and sounds great!  8)  I too have been planning one of these, I have a bunch of MB 1590A boards I wanted to put in a 1032L.

selfdestroyer

Damn! I bet the power grid in your town dips when you power this beast up.

I always wanted a "all in one" pedal but was too scared to deal with the wiring. Great job man!

jjjimi84

Quote from: Bio77 on April 03, 2023, 07:31:35 PM
Quote from: jjjimi84 on April 03, 2023, 02:18:58 PM
Oh snap, we're supposed to start now  :o

Killer build and sounds great!  8)  I too have been planning one of these, I have a bunch of MB 1590A boards I wanted to put in a 1032L.

I never set out for a BOTY entry, I always just choose stuff that I built and love.

I wanna see a madbean multipedal that would be sweet.

Quote from: selfdestroyer on April 04, 2023, 09:31:44 AM
Damn! I bet the power grid in your town dips when you power this beast up.

I always wanted a "all in one" pedal but was too scared to deal with the wiring. Great job man!

I can only imagine what the draw is when i am filming, between lights, cameras, amps, computer, preamps and the compressor...

Need to look into solar