News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

New Etcher's Paradise Project: Dragonthlayur - the EHX Lizard Queen

Started by madbean, April 13, 2023, 11:48:53 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

gordo

I like this one.  I'll try swapping the red LED for a white.  The 1k control doesn't really do too much other than smooth out the top end a bit at full CW and all I had was a 1kB so it's a bit bunched up.  I went with your recommendations on the transistors.  What's cool is that rather than clean up with rolling off the guitar volume it changes character quite a bit and in some interesting ways.  Like at the lower end with the octave cranked it gets kinda ring mod.

Nice touch with the tropical fish!  I just have plain old box caps  :(
Gordy Power
How loud is too loud?  What?

jimilee

I haven't etched anything in a while, you guys are gonna make me do it again, aren't you?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Pedal building is like the opposite of sex.  All the fun stuff happens before you get in the box.

imjonwain

I thought it was called Lizard Queer when I first saw photos of it pop up.
"I'm not sure what "serious design flaws" you see. Does it explode or poison your dog?" - PRR

jwin615

Quote from: imjonwain on April 19, 2023, 06:13:19 PM

I keep seeing Lizard Queef. And I can't unsee it.
And it somehow sounds more EHX...

Aleph Null

Quote from: jwin615 on April 19, 2023, 07:21:03 PM
Quote from: imjonwain on April 19, 2023, 06:13:19 PM

I keep seeing Lizard Queef. And I can't unsee it.
And it somehow sounds more EHX...

"Lizard Queef" immediately reminded me of cloacal popping. Go to the 30 second mark in the video to hear defensive snake farts.

selfdestroyer

Welp I no longer have an issue of what to call my pedal! Thanks everyone. lol

Aentons

jimilee

Quote from: Aentons on April 20, 2023, 11:13:10 AM
Omg... Defensive snake farting...I can't stop laughing  ;D
I claim that band name.

Pedal building is like the opposite of sex.  All the fun stuff happens before you get in the box.

Doorlord

Quote from: jimilee on April 20, 2023, 01:26:40 PM
Quote from: Aentons on April 20, 2023, 11:13:10 AM
Omg... Defensive snake farting...I can't stop laughing  ;D
I claim that band name.

Dang...Missed it by that much.

WonkoTheSane

That which burns twice as bright, burns half as long.

jimilee

Daaaammn, no I remember why I went to fabbed boards. The drilling just kills me. If I didn't screw it up, I may have an extra.

jimilee

Quote from: madbean on April 16, 2023, 01:56:04 PM
All done! I replaced the RED LED with a clear white. It changes the front end attack quite a bit and sounds rad. really happy how this turned out.
Dude, so I got the 99.00 Lizard Queen last Friday. I finished building this tonight. Sounds Identical to my ears. I used 10ufs instead of 22ufs.

jessenator

Quote from: jimilee on May 03, 2023, 05:51:17 PM
Dude, so I got the 99.00 Lizard Queen last Friday. I finished building this tonight. Sounds Identical to my ears. I used 10ufs instead of 22ufs.
Jimi did you use special 100nF caps on your build?

My fabbed boards came in on Monday, but I keep running into craptastic hurdles so I haven't built one from them. Should work, though, since the schematic was good.

full disclosure

happy to share gerbers and build doc once it's verified, though it's done with sub-mini switch footprint, which I kind of regret with the other board design I got fabbed... I might change it to be standard sized thru pin footprint instead.

I have Brian's hand-etched board nearly done and in the box, but I don't have any standoffs! I could use junk and hot glue, but for Brian's board, I want it to be my best effort.... doing that one ALL by hand, which should be interesting, seeing how I've already had three close shaves that nearly screwed the pooch. IT'LL ALL BE WORTH IT …right?  :P It'll be fine, I just need to not screw up anymore. I'm too reliant on technology/machining.

jimilee

I did use 100nf caps, yes. Screwing up is part of the process, don't sweat it.

jessenator